Info Please make a difference: sign up for a membership on Dec. 31 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
snowgyre
Yeah, but that's a trick that isn't written down anywhere where most of our members see it. I still think we need a dedicated banner to it. People who may be on the fence may just give up if they can't find the link easily.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
dragonlvr64
Snowgyre If Rich would allow it, I would be more than happy to upgrade your account to contributor level. If I can send money through PayPal to Rich in your name, I can do that today. (If you are willing as well )

Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #13
snowgyre
Wow Cindy, thank you so much for your generosity! I would love to be a contributor. I have been in the past, but that was when I had a full time job that paid more. Hopefully Rich will allow it. Thank you!!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #14
dragonlvr64
I will PM him and find out what I need to do.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
deborahbroadus
Looked at the page..wow... I can see how that would be discouraging!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
mxracer4life
Wow, dragonlvr64 that is a very generous thing to do! It is nice to see someone with your care, generosity and just plain love for the hobby. Very good job! We should all be so kind.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #17
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Wow, dragonlvr64 that is a very generous thing to do! It is nice to see someone with your care, generosity and just plain love for the hobby. Very good job! We should all be so kind.
Thanks. I really want this BOI to stick around. I wish I had more to give. I wanted to raise up my own level, but did not have the $100 yet for that. So, this is what I hope to do. PM'd Rich. So just waiting for an ok and payment instructions.
Maybe with the Auctions and donations by people, we can kick this thing in the boompa and get it going!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Can I make a request of Webslave, please? It took me about 10 minutes to find out how to upgrade accounts and I consider myself a fairly computer and internet saavy person. Could we make a bigger button, perhaps as a temporary banner as you have for the pending python ban, to let more people know about the BOI's precarious future and encourage people to sign up?

Before anyone waves the finger at me for not contributing, I am on a shoestring budget (I'm a graduate student and already spend over $200/yr on dues to scientific organizations such as the National Wildlife Society) and had to choose between a Fauna membership and USARK. Considering the national python ban that is being contemplated, I felt my membership at USARK would make a greater difference at this time.

However, I do believe that perhaps one of the reasons we aren't seeing as many contributing memberships is that it's not a very easy link to find. Also, many people use this site for the classifieds. Perhaps if we put a temporary sticky in each of the heavily traveled classifieds section about the BOI's future or, perhaps, even send out a mass email to all members that we may see a lot more response than calling for action within the BOI itself.
Yes, I know. I used to have that at the top of the page, but with this python ban thing nipping at everyone's heels right now, I felt I should give that a higher priority. Is it really worth the effort now to put another line notice up there? It's not like this all was a secret or anything, as I was pretty open about the future here for quite a while.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
mxracer4life
Most of us regulars know whats going on. Its the new people that need to know. I am sure you will do whatever is in your best judgement, I mean, your not the webslave for nothing right? I trust your judgement though Harold. Thanks for all you have done.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
mxracer4life
I know, I goofed. hhmoore is Harold. Sorry, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!