Info Please make a difference: sign up for a membership on Dec. 31 - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
R. Eventide
Wow, Cindy, that's a great idea! I was thinking about upgrading my own level, but after Christmas gifts and stuff, I probably shouldn't at this time. I would be more than willing to donate a $25 membership to someone, though!

Old 12-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #22
mxracer4life
Some people have no idea how important the BOI is. There are SOOO many sells that I have received or I have purchased from somebody due to there or my position on faunna or BOI.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #23
mxracer4life
That would be a good idea if more people got involved. The only thing is, some people might take it as a "charity" kind of thing. Maybe make it an anonymous contribution for somebody you know or feel that needs/deserves it. I would be willing to, but don't know where to start. Most everyone I know on here is a contributor.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #24
Mistyck
I'd love to donate, but with Christmas just happening and my other half losing his job, it's pretty tight around here right now. All our money goes to the animals, bills and the household. But it's very nice of the people that are able to donate though. I'm sure Webslave appreciates it!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
brd7666
This BOI is a very valuable tool that all of us have used in one way or another. I wish I could do more but I was laid off in July and unemployment is not even paying all of my bills. I am still a contributing member.

For those of you out there that have come here posting a thread about how you were ripped off, asking for the members here to help you and you are not a paying member, I think out of decency you should become a paying member. Some of you were ripped off for a substantial amout and after coming here and exposing the person that ripped you off you got your money back. That would not have happened if this BOI was not here. There are many of you out there that owe this BOI for helping you in your time of need.
Now it is your turn to help the BOI.

For those of you that got your money back, think of the relief you felt when you got a refund or another animal to compensate you for a DOA, or a misrepresentation. If the BOI disappears, others will not have that chance that you had.

Every day someone exposes a bad guy. Think about all the bad guys out there that will be able to rip people off and not be exposed. I am sure more and more bad guys will pop up if the BOI goes away. All of the bad guys on here can't wait for the BOI to die. There will be nothing to stop the bad guy.

The BOI is by far the main attraction to this site. Will this site even survive without the BOI? I don't have that answer, but it will decline for sure.

So, do you want the good guy to win (or at least have a chance), or do you want the bad guy to win?

The choice should be easy.

My 2 cents.

Brian Dierking

Old 12-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
ToshaMc
Just remember --- this isn't a one time deal if it doesn't make the numbers every year this is just going to keep happening. If you sign up now commit yourself to renewing every year or don't bother.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #27
mxracer4life
My view on it is, if someone is paying, it means more to them. They will spend more time on the site, looking at ads, or classifieds etc. If someone got ripped off for $75, then had to come on here and pay $25 to post about it, I think they would. People love to vent, the BOI is a good place for it. Think about it, how many people do you know that just love to tell you the newest, greatest gossip? People love to talk, and its easy to do that behind a keyboard. I haven't been ripped off in a LONG time, and I am blessed for that, but the BOI and the members of faunna are my reason for not being ripped off (probably also my gut instict), but if someone ripped me off and I had to renew my membership to let others know, I would! I feel that making the BOI a paying members only site will bring in more paying members, weed out the boneheads that don't belong there and help keep the BOI alive. Look at kingsnake, they are huge and you HAVE to pay to post there. Faunna is WAY better than kingsnake and its FREE for the most part. I will be a lifetime customer here at faunna.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #28
Manny
I have a question for the Webslave or owner of this site, and I hope that everyone doesn't jump all over me for asking.

If I was to become a contributing member today and the owner was to decide to bring down the site in 2010, Would I get a refund?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #29
brd7666
I forgot to mention about the good sellers, especially the small guy.

I know sellers have asked their customers to come on here and post a good guy thread about them after a sale, I know I have. How many of you sellers have made a sale because of your positive feedback from your previous buyers? I know I have. This BOI is the best thing for the small guy. I have had people contact me asking to buy something and then they say, "HOW DO I KNOW YOU AREN'T GOING TO RIP ME OFF". My responce to them is, "GO TO THE BOI AND DO A SEARCH ON MY NAME". I am sure I am not the only one who does that. This BOI has made sales for me and a lot of other people as well.

The small guy will lose sales if this BOI disappears. So it is in everyone's best interest to keep it going.

2 more cents.

Brian Dierking

Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #30
mxracer4life
I woudn't worry about that right now, if it was me. From what I understand the BOI is whats in trouble, not the whole site, am I right people? The $25 membership doesn't really effect the BOI AS OF NOW, but its more for making the site easier and more available to you, and helping the site out. To me, contributing a measly $25 a year is nothing, I mean, even if I had to I could hold $5 out of every paycheck untill I had it. But it means more to me, it shoes my dedication to my hobby, my fellow herpers, my desire for more information, to learn, to meet new people, to brag a little here and there and much more. Please contribute people!

I have an idea. What about a "referral system"? When someone referrs somebody here, and they become a contributing member, get a little prize or something. Anybody on the same page?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!