Info Please make a difference: sign up for a membership on Dec. 31 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #31
TailsWithScales
If I get my money in time to contirbute I will. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #32
houdini1
I have become a contributor. I don't post on the BOI a whole lot, but I read a ton. It has saved my behind from being scammed a few times just by having that small bit of info about someone that throws out a red flag.

I truly appreciate what the BOI does for the reptile community and would hate to see it shut down. There will never be another one like it, I don't think there could be. Lets keep it up and running, $25 a year isn't much to ask. Thats a little more than $2 a month at the minimum.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #33
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I have a question for the Webslave or owner of this site, and I hope that everyone doesn't jump all over me for asking.

If I was to become a contributing member today and the owner was to decide to bring down the site in 2010, Would I get a refund?
I suspect that the answer will be "no", if for no other reason than that the membership benefits will still be in place. The subscriptions are not BOI specific, and the benefits are sitewide (actually, some of the member perks aren't even applicable on the BOI - the ability to edit one's posts, for example). The breakdown of member benefits can be seen here http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541.
Besides, as a contributing member, (*and unless more a more drastic response is somehow prompted) you would still have access to the BOI for 2010 - I believe the plan was to switch the BOI to paid access only for a one year period, and your membership would be your key.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #34
mxracer4life
I am not trying to be rude, so please don't take this the wrong way, but $25 a year is not much to ask. People spend more on cigerettes, booze, etc every year. Shoot, at $2.08 a month, ANYBODY can pay that. You can find that kind of change riding in your friends car, lol, or almost anywhere. I had to save for 3 weeks to pay the $25. All I did was take a little out of each check, untill I had an extra $25 and it was done, for a whole year. Turn in your soda cans or something. This site MUST stay!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #35
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I am not trying to be rude, so please don't take this the wrong way, but $25 a year is not much to ask. People spend more on cigerettes, booze, etc every year. Shoot, at $2.08 a month, ANYBODY can pay that. You can find that kind of change riding in your friends car, lol, or almost anywhere. I had to save for 3 weeks to pay the $25. All I did was take a little out of each check, untill I had an extra $25 and it was done, for a whole year. Turn in your soda cans or something. This site MUST stay!
You are so right. $2.00 a month is nothing. People pay double that amount each day for one coffee. Triple that for their daily dose of cigarettes.

The big thing is if they were to be scammed one time, look at all that money that would be lost. PLUS all the frustration of what goes along with it.

You are paying not only for the BOI. But you can place classified ads and take part in forums for any reptile you own. Not to bad for less than the daily cup of coffee and it lasts all month long!

We need this tool people! Contribute now!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
When you have no money coming in at all it's a lot to pay. As of today I have no money coming in but I'm "supposed" to be getting my check in the next few days. I don't count it as being here until I actually have it. So to say ANYBODY can pay that is very incorrect. $25 Will cover meals for me till I hopefully get that check and will cover the reptiles I have left to feed them.

But yes this site MUST stay and I'm hoping it does.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #37
mxracer4life
I wasn't talking about just pulling $25 bucks out of your wallet or using a bank card. Planning ahead. Like, my membership is due again 06/2010, in May I will start taking a little out of each check, so nothing is disrupted in my regular balance of bills/food etc. Its a little late now to "save up", but thats what I was talking about. Anyone CAN pay $25 if they plan ahead. Most people have different priorities, like having directv, or a cell phone, going to a party or there weekly lunch get together, whatever it may be, there is always a way to come up with that small amount of money.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #38
dragonlvr64
Anyone else in the position of not being able to afford to raise their own level and can maybe donate to another to give them the contributor level? I promise it will make you feel good!!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #39
shlages
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlages View Post
I'm gonna try to get my gf to sign up & i'll pay for her membership,if thats ok. or would it have to be a different cc or ip address?thanx in advance for answering my (stupid) questions...
ummm is my question that stupid?lmao if some1 could let me know if this is acceptable,i'd gladly do that...

Old 12-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #40
dragonlvr64
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlages View Post
ummm is my question that stupid?lmao if some1 could let me know if this is acceptable,i'd gladly do that...
I was able to contribute in another Fauna members name today. I sent the money via PayPal to payments@faunaclassifieds.com

I then listed the screen name and the real name of the person. I think Rich will be thankful to see more responses from us to validate him continuing with this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!