Inquiry Tony Haas - Pikes Peak Pets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
leper65
Tony Haas - Pikes Peak Pets

Anyone ever do business with them? They are in Colorado of course.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
singingtothewheat
I live about 30 minutes away and have never heard of them. You might check with Colorado reptile humane society.

http://www.corhs.org/
If there was something bad to say, I think they might know or would at least be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
FireDrake
are you serious? CORHS is violently against ALL reptile breeders and dealers

Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #4
singingtothewheat
Violently? I think mostly cohrs is against anyone that can't care for their animals and I can certainly see how their views would be tainted against breeders and dealers but I still think that they may be able to give you some information.
I think I would approach it as a question via the internet....
(I'm thinking of purchasing a ball python and would like to know if you can tell me anything about this guy. ) Something like that.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
FireDrake
Have you had any dealings with them? I used to volunteer with them until I told the director they were wrong on a snake ID then I got "fired" because of my "public breeding program"

They've also been asked not to have a table at any local show because they used to go around to each vendor and ask if they had a license to breed reptiles and generally bother everyone... eventually people refused to get tables at the show unless CORHS was not allowed to attend.

Believe me, they are not our friends

Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
I can confirm what Sarah is saying. A few years ago, when they were using the name Colorado Reptile Rescue, they had a trio of Blue Beauties for adoption.
A customer of mine, who had purchased some of my Blue Beauties that I had produced inquired about adopting that trio in order to further diversify his bloodlines.
There was, at the time at least, no mention of their stance on captive breeding on their site. He paid the $30 application fee ($10 per snake), and once they realized he intended to use them as breeders he was flatly denied the adoption request.
Their exact quote to him was
Quote:
CoRR does not support the breeding of reptiles when there are so many who need homes, regardless of the species or rarity
It took him 60 days and the threat to have the credit card charge disputed to get his $30 back.
I applaud the vendors who refused to do shows with them. I for one would not want to share show space with a group so obviously opposed to what I do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!