HELP: how long can a snake survive in transit? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
pythonjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
When I had my last UPS debacle in April I lost five of the ten snakes that were shipped within a week of arrival. I hope you fair better with your girl. I'd watch her temps closely and at the first sign of open mouth breathing or gurgling, take her into a vet immediately.
agreed. keep the temp cranked too.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #32
akaangela
Good NEWS

Well I am happy happy. My little girl is going good. She still seems a bit week in the neck but no RI. She is moving around a bit. It is truly a miracle, so now the hard part....what should I name her???

Old 02-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #33
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela View Post
Well I am happy happy. My little girl is going good. She still seems a bit week in the neck but no RI. She is moving around a bit. It is truly a miracle, so now the hard part....what should I name her???
Lucky would seem appropriate

Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 AM   #34
Kiote_9
Chance. There's always a Chance...

Old 02-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #35
bamagurl76
I like Chance also or Miracle

Old 02-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #36
chamgirl99471
I like Shera... She seems like a Super Hero to me

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #37
lovin2act
I went through something similar not too long ago except it was the other extreme, extreme heat. My little gal almost got boiled alive due to UPS (left her out in the sun) and I thought she was dead when I finally got her. She was upside-down and lifeless when I pulled her out, mouth gaping open and completely limp. I put a drop of water in her mouth to see if anything would happen and her body miraculously had a small reaction to it. So I held her body up and injected more water drops into her mouth with a small water syringe (no needle) and then I left her for a day in a nice dark cooled area by a water dish and she somehow survived. I couldn't believe it! I named her Nasya which is Hebrew for miracle :-)

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 AM   #38
chamgirl99471
I was just curious how the little girl is doing and also.. what you decided to name her? She's been on my mind a lot lately

Old 02-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #39
pythonjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Lucky would seem appropriate
this would be the obvious. apparently nobody cared Dean.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:38 AM   #40
akaangela
I am very happy to say she is doing great. I would never have thought she could pull through that but she is. She ate herself a pinky rat and is happy.

I have decided to call her Magical Miracle M & M for short

I am glad your little one survived!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!