Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #171
Casey Hulse
Quote:
everyone is focusing on this male and noone has scrutenized the fact that the so called het females have apparently never proved out
In part this is true, but the OP is saying this is not the issue, the issue with David is that Brian agreed to some type of compensation, and now is avoiding the situation, I think everyone would agree that is not the way to take care of business. As I have said from the begining, I think at first Brian had a great desire to "take care of his customers", but in hindsight he realized that all of these other possibilities are plausible, and has since reconsidered his initial offer of compensation and is avoiding the situation completely. This is of course speculation, and it could be that Brian is indeed very busy and has put this on "the back burner" and will address it in the future. I am sure Brian is aware of this thread by now, and we will have to see if he responds to David.
I do feel that with hets you have to spend more time trying to prove them.
I bought a trio of het. hypos a few years ago from a respected breeder, the first year I bred them I got 12 eggs, all normal, the next year I again got 12 eggs, 3 were hypo and proved them all out. Had I had another "bad luck" year I do not know what I would have done, but I would have never bought hets from him again.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #172
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Jay, I do agree with you that anything is possible. Some examples are that the animal in question is not a het, that the females are not hets, and that the lines are incompatible, just to name a few. My problem is that BHB said he would fix it and then didn't, or at least hasn't. You indicated in your post that such a scenario would be ok with you. I do not think so.
My point was that if Brian made a decision in haste and later thought he was possibly getting worked, he has the right to change his mind.If he thought he was being taken advantage of,he has the right to change his mind.

I agree that someone should keep their word.But in a court of law he has the right to change his mind and then a judge would arbitrate the situation.I don't feel David would leave the table with anything. In the court of public opinion that is a different story.I personally don't think Brian owes David anything.David should have to prove definitively that the male is not a het and breeding it to 2 virgin females does not do anything close to proving the genetics of that male ball python.

Why should Brian not be able to change his position if he feels he is not in the wrong.So no matter whos right or who suffers the consequence someone should always honor their word even if they may be in the right? Why should brian comprimise his integrity and do something his gut tells him he is not responsible for?If thats his reason. To me thats like confessing to a crime you didn't commit.Isn't it?

Besides he should also get the snake back but thats not going to happen.If David (the op) were a new member and posted this exact scenario everyone would be screaming SCAMMER! Seriously look at the facts with an open mind and you will see my points are valid.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #173
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
I am not coming after you. I do not even know you. YOU are the one that made the post. I am only commenting on it which is my right. Keep putting your foot in your mouth, it will get worse...
Is that so? In what way will it get worse for me? I have the right to post and comment as well.

Sure looks like you are coming after me. But hey I am eagerly awaiting the consequence you deal me for continuing to put my foot in my mouth.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #174
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
In part this is true, but the OP is saying this is not the issue, the issue with David is that Brian agreed to some type of compensation, and now is avoiding the situation, I think everyone would agree that is not the way to take care of business. As I have said from the begining, I think at first Brian had a great desire to "take care of his customers", but in hindsight he realized that all of these other possibilities are plausible, and has since reconsidered his initial offer of compensation and is avoiding the situation completely. This is of course speculation, and it could be that Brian is indeed very busy and has put this on "the back burner" and will address it in the future. I am sure Brian is aware of this thread by now, and we will have to see if he responds to David.
I do feel that with hets you have to spend more time trying to prove them.
I bought a trio of het. hypos a few years ago from a respected breeder, the first year I bred them I got 12 eggs, all normal, the next year I again got 12 eggs, 3 were hypo and proved them all out. Had I had another "bad luck" year I do not know what I would have done, but I would have never bought hets from him again.
Yes i agree that brian should address the situation no matter what his position is at this point,even if he chose not to give david snakes.He should explain why instead of leaving him hanging.He really has no obligation to David as david didn't buy the male from Brian.The person who is owed is the last person who bought the snake.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #175
Paul Kent
Im not sure why this thread is still going. We've all (at 9/10 of us) come to the conclusion that the genetics are a non issue. Its about customer service/timely resolution/etc. And until Brian decides either to square up his promises or ignore them theres really nothing more to say. Every other point has already been beaten in to the ground..

my 2 cents (and I hope thats enough cause thats all I got..lol)

Old 11-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #176
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpman081 View Post
Im not sure why this thread is still going. We've all (at 9/10 of us) come to the conclusion that the genetics are a non issue. Its about customer service/timely resolution/etc. And until Brian decides either to square up his promises or ignore them theres really nothing more to say. Every other point has already been beaten in to the ground..

my 2 cents (and I hope thats enough cause thats all I got..lol)
Because if it really is a het Brian should be able to change his mind and not fulfill his promise. He shouldn't be forced to give credit if credit is not due.It's like a kid crying about not getting a toy after he was promised and then misbehaved before the acuisition of said toy. I can hear my kids crying now..."but you promised,you promised,you promised!" You have the right to change your mind if the circumstances are appropriate. In this case they are, in my opinion.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #177
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
Is that so? In what way will it get worse for me? I have the right to post and comment as well.

Sure looks like you are coming after me. But hey I am eagerly awaiting the consequence you deal me for continuing to put my foot in my mouth.

Check out the little red dot under your name. It looks like a lot of people are not agreeing with you. Keep it up...

Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #178
annmikeal
Thanks David, I always wondered what the little dot meant

Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #179
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
Because if it really is a het Brian should be able to change his mind and not fulfill his promise. He shouldn't be forced to give credit if credit is not due.It's like a kid crying about not getting a toy after he was promised and then misbehaved before the acuisition of said toy. I can hear my kids crying now..."but you promised,you promised,you promised!" You have the right to change your mind if the circumstances are appropriate. In this case they are, in my opinion.
Changing your mind after agreeing to a refund/solution to an issue with a customer is almost always frowned upon. And in this case, the fact that it was months and months ago that it was promised that it would be taken care of and wasn't until it was seen that a boi thread was posted that suddenly the mind was changed is just plain bs.

Putting what you think is an insignificant issue on the backburner long enough for an issue like this to even come up is also ridiculous. If he were going to change his mind then he should have thought about the situation then and there and said sorry, no, not going to happen. Not drag it out for months on end with one broken promise after another.

If that's what you can consider good business then you are going to get a whole lot of people disagreeing with that opinion of yours.

I know BHB has a really great rep, but I can say that I would be nothing short of furious to be ignored for so long. But I can say I would never land myself in a situation such as this to begin with.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #180
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Quote:
Check out the little red dot under your name. It looks like a lot of people are not agreeing with you. Keep it up...
Darn a red dot. Why is it you are continuing to antagonize and threaten me with more red dots!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!