Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #181
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmexotics View Post
You have the right to change your mind if the circumstances are appropriate.
I dont disagree with that in THEORY, but in this instance its pretty cut and dry. None of the facts have changed since he decided to give him a credit, so why would he have a right to change his mind after he committed to it?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #182
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Maybe I am not being literal enough for you guys.You have the right but it may not be right. You may have consequences for your decision but you still have the right to change your mind. Brians consequence is him being dragged through the mud on this forum. I will refrain from further comment as I am in fear of more red dots! I mean its pretty sad to give someone a red dot for doing nothing wrong to anyone other than having a different opinion.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #183
q.maley
Honestly, I think that to have solved this in a professional and business-like way, and to not have slandered anyone's names and to refrain from embarrassing one's self...this thread should not have been started.

It is inappropriate and childish to have raised such a stink on this matter. Business professionals should handle things in exactly that orientation - Professionally.

The point of the BOI isn't to sit here, berate and degrade other breeders and services. It needs to be kept professional and "hear-say" should always be taken with a grain of salt. Every party is going to try and scape-goat the issue onto another; that being said, this sort of thing needs to stay private until a matter of finality can be reached by both parties and even then, it should really not be such a high-school drama, drawn out as if it were a B-Grade soap-opera.

If you are not going to act professionally and approach this situation as a grown adult, with maturity and age, then why should another individual be expected to reply and treat you as such? Many people have made a voice for themselves and resolved issues without raising their tone, using profanity, slander or, aggression.

There are many factors that play into this. First of all, it is human to err. Pure and simple. Second, the compatibility genetics needs to be taken into consideration (especially if the breeding stock females are not proven), as well, the purchasing of a Heterozygous animal is always a gamble. There is no promise on the terms of genetics; these are simply theoretical and a positive guarantee would be a foolish assumption that any breeder must take into account.

And for those of you who think because I am not a seasoned member of this forum; disregard your further assumptions. It is not age that makes knowledge in a person, it is the experiences drawn from instances of life that make it.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #184
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by q.maley View Post
Honestly, I think that to have solved this in a professional and business-like way, and to not have slandered anyone's names and to refrain from embarrassing one's self...this thread should not have been started.

It is inappropriate and childish to have raised such a stink on this matter. Business professionals should handle things in exactly that orientation - Professionally.

The point of the BOI isn't to sit here, berate and degrade other breeders and services. It needs to be kept professional and "hear-say" should always be taken with a grain of salt. Every party is going to try and scape-goat the issue onto another; that being said, this sort of thing needs to stay private until a matter of finality can be reached by both parties and even then, it should really not be such a high-school drama, drawn out as if it were a B-Grade soap-opera.

If you are not going to act professionally and approach this situation as a grown adult, with maturity and age, then why should another individual be expected to reply and treat you as such? Many people have made a voice for themselves and resolved issues without raising their tone, using profanity, slander or, aggression.

There are many factors that play into this. First of all, it is human to err. Pure and simple. Second, the compatibility genetics needs to be taken into consideration (especially if the breeding stock females are not proven), as well, the purchasing of a Heterozygous animal is always a gamble. There is no promise on the terms of genetics; these are simply theoretical and a positive guarantee would be a foolish assumption that any breeder must take into account.

And for those of you who think because I am not a seasoned member of this forum; disregard your further assumptions. It is not age that makes knowledge in a person, it is the experiences drawn from instances of life that make it.
And again, all of this would be fine and dandy if the business(aka the seller) were handling it in a professional matter to begin with. Not responding to someone's calls, voicemails, messages, emails, etc. for weeks or even months at a time is not professional in any sense of the word, period.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #185
DaveyFig
So in the eyes of most, because Brian said he would take care of David (even though the animal could still be het), he needs to follow through. Fair enough.

If he has not made a deal to take care of Cliff, does he have to compensate him? If Yes, does it have to be before further breeding (het to homozygous)? Many are saying that the issue of the snake being a het isn't the issue anymore, and that the issue is that Brian agreed to compensate and hasn't. The issue from Cliff's side is that the animal isn't a het.

Does Brian need to compensate Cliff? I am only asking because I would hate to see this resolved and faith in Brian restored only to have others come after him on the same snake deal.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #186
q.maley
You're certainly correct that a business professional should respond in a timely fashion; however, it is inappropriate to think that an individual would halt their complete daily happenings and scheduled business to clear something like this up on a hair-pin.

The first unprofessional act was to bring this to the public - it was inappropriate. How will it make any bit of difference? Assuming that making a public stink of the situation isn't going to do anything but burn bridges faster and make a fool of ones-self...

Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #187
q.maley
The offended party purchased a heterozygous animal - we all know, young or seasoned in the hobby, that there is an inherent risk with a heterozygous animal and that genetics are not a promised addition to the animal. The probability of true heterozygous animal is always assumed, but it is not a promise and there are those situations where it does not prove out.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #188
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by q.maley View Post
You're certainly correct that a business professional should respond in a timely fashion; however, it is inappropriate to think that an individual would halt their complete daily happenings and scheduled business to clear something like this up on a hair-pin.

The first unprofessional act was to bring this to the public - it was inappropriate. How will it make any bit of difference? Assuming that making a public stink of the situation isn't going to do anything but burn bridges faster and make a fool of ones-self...
Considering the fact that within minutes of posting this the OP received a response from Brian after not getting any responses for weeks, I think it accomplished exactly what it was intended to in the beginning, which was, as stated, to get some sort of response after months of this dragging out.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #189
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Considering the fact that within minutes of posting this the OP received a response from Brian after not getting any responses for weeks, I think it accomplished exactly what it was intended to in the beginning, which was, as stated, to get some sort of response after months of this dragging out.
Exactly.

And is so called professionalism equates to things never being brought to the public eye when one or both parties are in the wrong then I think that definition needs a rewrite.

Brian knows the thread is here. He acknowledged it, just as he took responsibility for what has happened with this "het." animal. However, despite this, he is not dealing with either situation in a professional manner. At this point, it would seem he is relying on his reputation to excuse his failure to conclude this business dealing that he agreed to.

That is not professionalism. Not in the least.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #190
annmikeal
I never thought about what happens with Cliff... If David should get anything, then Brian should get back the Spider, but then what does Cliff get???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!