How much more is shipping one vs.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
akaangela
Thumbs down How much more is shipping one vs....

How much more is shipping UPS or fedex vs DHL (airborne)? I have a package comming DHL and they told the shipper I would get them by noon now it is 330 and still nothing. I called and DHL said I MIGHT get it tonight. I am madder than a wet hen! I have never had DHL come on time but this is very upsetting. Now they say they dont guarentee delivery to "remote areas" EXCUSE ME my town is not THAT small. I do live a whopping 10 miles outside of town.... but that is FAR from remote

Question. If you where shipping and the buyer said "NO I will not have my snake shipped that way. I want them shipped (I don't know lets say UPS)" how would you react?

It is hot, I am worried, my day was scheduled but now that is blown to Hadies. Did I mention I am worried sick? It got up into the 90's today. I am sure the shipper packed them good, but I am still worried. I almost refused to let them ship DHL but they said they had always had good experence with them. I SHOULD have gone with my gut. I do hope my babies live.....

Old 09-21-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
Wilomn
You should be able to track it online.

Go to DHL's website, enter your tracking number and it'll tell you where it should be.

Good luck.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
akaangela
I have been tracking it online but it is very vauge. It is..........
--------------------------------------------------------------
9/21/2005 1:48 pm With delivery courier.
Tracking detail provided by DHL: 9/21/2005, 3:37:34 pm pt.
----------------------------------------------------------------

But they (DHL) said the driver goes home (turns the truck around and quits) at 5pm and they don't know if I will get my babies tonight or "maybe" tomorrow. If they "don't get to me" then it will be another day..... I HATE DHL

Old 09-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #4
Junkyard
You are 10 miles outside of town, I would say drive down there and pick them up at 5:30pm today if you do not have them yet. Give them a call and let them know you will be picking up if the driver is a flake.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #5
Jim O
Was the package sent overnight air or was it a local "ground" delivery?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:26 PM   #6
akaangela
The office is in Eugene about 1 1/2 hour drive north of me (they dont have one in town, I guess that is why I am "remote"). The package was air. If they did have a local office like UPS I would do exactly that (I have done that before with UPS when I could get the package quicker by going and getting it). I would have done that with them if I had knowin that I wasn't going to get them at noon and they had been "processed" when I called and they could not be picked up (at noon).

Old 09-21-2005, 07:27 PM   #7
Chris@TSE
dhl sucks for next day service, not once have we ever received a dhl shipment before 3pm, even when tracking shows parcels on a truck out for delivery as early as 8am. They used to be better when they were airborne, now you could not pay me to even consider using them.....

Old 09-21-2005, 08:21 PM   #8
SPJ
I shipped a package using DHL (before I got rid of them and went to Fed Ex) from Connecticut to New Jersey for overnight delivery by 10:30am.

The package ended up in Ohio and sat there. Their website just said "out for delivery". Well it WASN'T out for delivery. It was routed wrong. The animal finally made it after being in transit for 2 days (arrived alive and well). If the shipper packed it properly, the animal should be OK but don't expect to see it until sometime tomorrow.

If I were you, I would refuse to buy if someone used DHL. There is no reason to use such a crappy company when you can get a live reptile shipping account thru Fed Ex and not have to deal with these headaches.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!