Flint River Ranch? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:33 AM   #21
Lucille
Wendy if I ever need a vacation from Texas I think I will come be a dog at your house for a while. NOW I know why that dog you were speaking of earlier strays from his home to visit you, it sounds like you have a dog paradise there.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:33 PM   #22
dragonflyreptiles
lol This is a new thing with this dog, Ive done alot of different diets and always added at least rice, garlic and some oils and leftovers but I got the vionate for the leos and thought get sicne Ive got it the dog gets it too

Old 06-05-2006, 07:45 AM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I honestly like some of the Diamond foods....I HAVE however read that feeding only the lamb and rice can lead to problems. I LOVE their "Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul" line, I am going to be switching back to that full-time. Here is the ingredient list for the adult dog formula:

Chicken, turkey, chicken meal, turkey meal, whole grain brown rice, whole grain white rice, oatmeal, potatoes, cracked pearled barley, millet, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), duck, salmon, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, kelp, carrots, peas, apples, dried skim milk, cranberry powder, rosemary extract, parsley flake, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

As far as the quality of Nutro, I have had good luck with it, but I think it does depend on what type you get. They have some lower-priced varieties to appeal more to the person who buys based more on price, and then they offer some higher-priced varieties. The CSFTDLS foods are all natural, which I really like as well.
Cathy I finally got some of the Chicken Soup food, it took the feed store some time to get it. My dogs LOVE it, and I like the ingredient list and the competitive price.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #24
Cat_72
I'm so glad you found some....and I just knew they would love it. Even my pickiest does. And they all do very well on it....even my Molly, who has always been a "lanky" dog, has seemed to get thinner as she ages, actually put on some nice weight while on it.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #25
Lucille
I have to order the 'Chicken Soup' ahead of time from the feed store, and I forgot to reorder in time; but when I went to the feed store they had some of Diamond's new 'Chicken and Rice' on the shelf. The ingredients seem good, the first two ingredients are fresh chicken and chicken meal, and the dogs like it, anyone ever tried it with their dogs?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!