Matthew Oakley/EastCoastReptiles171: inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #1
hhmoore
Matthew Oakley/EastCoastReptiles171: inquiry

NOT to be confused with East Coast Reptiles...the thread title contains his name and Fauna username. Email is bloodpython160@aol.com, and he is in Maryland. He has been a registered member since 4/05 & has multiple ads running...but no trader feedback. Just curious if anyone has purchased from him, and how the transaction went

Old 08-17-2006, 02:53 AM   #2
Dembinski Reptiles
Hi H,

Iv'e had a few deal's with Matt. Mainly as a customer. No problems at all. Dude has always stuck to every deal and Im glad I have him as a repeat customer as yourself. Im sure you wouldnt have any issue's. Joe Dembinski

Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 AM   #3
Pink Lady Exotics
This is in no way meant to be negative about Matt, just an FYI from past inquiries of my own...

If anyone considers the pastel he has up, I would inquire about its feeding habits first. I had considered buying that male when he had it up for auction on reptileauctions.com a few weeks back, but back then it was being "assist fed" and wouldn't feed on its own. I e-mailed him to ask about it, and he replied and explained what needed to be done. The head of the prey needed to be put in the snake's mouth and then the snake had to be covered with his hands or something dark so he would finish swallowing. Up until that point he had never fed on his own. He said he was going to try something new to get it to eat rats without assistance, so perhaps it worked...but I still recommend asking first.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
AandJReptiles
Thanks for the FYI Jen. I had a chance to deal with Matt a year or so back, and the entire deal was just sounding sour. He had bid on our animal and then wanted to back out and offer a trade for a sick looking boa. I would be on the safe side and ask him a few more questions and get any guarantess you can before buying. And as far as the other "East Coast Reptiles", here in south Florida, Greg Martin is awesome ! One of the biggest turtle nuts I know. Have fun y'all !

Anthony and Jill
A and J Reptiles

Old 08-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #5
Dewback
I bought a pastel hypo from Matt about a month ago and the deal went very well. The snake is healthy and doing great. His communication was excellent both via email and by phone. He has also been good about answering questions after the purchase.

Jon McMahon

Old 08-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #6
SevierSerpents
No feedback on Matt as a seller, but as a customer, he followed through quite well on a 2 boa deal with us. He was thorough with his emails and communicated very clearly.

- Liam Sevier
SevierSerpents

Old 08-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #7
somethingvague
Good guy

Just posted a good guy post for him. Purchased two big beautiful females from him... no problems at all.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #8
craig kade
I just got a rodent order from him and was very disappointed the XL rats he sent averaged shy of 150 grams and some were under 130 grams, he shipped in a banana box and some rats were just tossed in, no bag even. I called him and he basically said tough luck. Please, anyone considering buying rodents from him reconsider

Old 01-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
gottabsleeved
I seen pictures of that bannana box deal on another site.Ill pay shipping from another instead of driving to MD.Thanks

Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
mikeyt
Am I missing something in this thread? Matt Oakley has been on the BOI on many occasions with both Good and Bad guy posts, and some to the extreme. I dont know what or how this trader rating works, but as far as asking the question if anyone has purchased from him and how the transaction went, this is a question that I am sure a moderator should beable to search and find the answer to without starting another thread.

On a bad guy post when the whole bananna box deal went down and all the racist remarks were made, you interevened as a moderator, as well as several other modreators within all rights you should have. This is a question you should already know the answer to.

Now if I did truly miss something with this post and the question being asked, I apologize up front.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!