Sean Kirk any info. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #51
ReptileEmpire
I can't believe people still do this and think it will work. It reminds me of the "World's Dumbest Criminals" video where the bank robber pulls the mask over his head backwards and blinds himself. I mean really, who would actually fall for the "register a new name and claim to be a customer" trick anyway?

Old 04-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #52
angeleyes64
who's the cowards

I bought a pair of beardies from sean 2 years ago and had no clue what I was doing. And yes I did just sign up because you guys have no clue who he is or what he's about you sound like the cowards to me...Yes I am from around Sean, that is how I got interested in the dragons.....Wow you all seem afraid of alittle competition.....

Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #53
kmurphy
Quote:
I bought a pair of beardies from sean 2 years ago and had no clue what I was doing. And yes I did just sign up because you guys have no clue who he is or what he's about you sound like the cowards to me...Yes I am from around Sean, that is how I got interested in the dragons.....Wow you all seem afraid of alittle competition.....

Sean, look closely at Ken Harbart's post

Old 04-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #54
ReptileEmpire
Loook up a few posts Sean, you've already been busted lying, drop the "Sarah" routine.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #55
Serafim
Sean

The ip addresses for both accounts match. Both accounts are either yours or come from the same computer.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:35 PM   #56
angeleyes64
I am not Sean but someone very close to him and you all need to take a step back and remember all your quotes...Good people are good people and you all may be but you may wan tto act like it......Dont attack it's defensive try being offensive and asking him questions personally...not here where everything you say gets taking out of context and twisted...For the last time I am not Sean just another caring indivual,..who he did help get in to reptiles...Like many others.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #57
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes64
I am not Sean but someone very close to him
Of course you are. You two are posting from the same computer.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #58
Sledgehammer
I agree that this Sean person looks shady indeed, but just for informational purposes for the members here, IP addresses prove nothing.

Depending upon the type of service the person is uses, IP addresses are far from accurate for identifying an individual computer.

For example

Many large ISPs have blocks of IP addresses assigned to them.
The IP address given to any one customer can change at any time. Often, a customer need only unplug his modem and his IP can change. Secondly, these ISP routinely change their customer's IP addresses to prevent them (the customers) from hosting sites themselves on the network.

The use of Anonymous Proxy Servers is becoming more and more prevalent in internet browsing. There are literally thousand of these proxies out there, and a good number of them will assign the same IP address to anyone, anywhere, who utilizes their service.

People who use a dial-up service for internet access will often get the same IP address as others utilizing the same dial-in number. Again, there is a finite block of IP addresses assigned to the given ISP.

WIFI is becoming very widespread, as is the use of wireless connections for laptops, PDA's, and internet-capable cellular phones. Anyone jumping onto one of the4se networks, will share the IP address of that network. Additionally, many counties have broad-based WIFI signals that can be accessed over many city blocks. Anyone who gets on one of these networks, will have the same IP address as everyone else on the network.

These are just a few examples. The point being, using an IP address to convict someone on a public forum is simply not prudent.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #59
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer
I agree that this Sean person looks shady indeed, but just for informational purposes for the members here, IP addresses prove nothing.

Depending upon the type of service the person is uses, IP addresses are far from accurate for identifying an individual computer.

For example

Many large ISPs have blocks of IP addresses assigned to them.
The IP address given to any one customer can change at any time. Often, a customer need only unplug his modem and his IP can change. Secondly, these ISP routinely change their customer's IP addresses to prevent them (the customers) from hosting sites themselves on the network.

The use of Anonymous Proxy Servers is becoming more and more prevalent in internet browsing. There are literally thousand of these proxies out there, and a good number of them will assign the same IP address to anyone, anywhere, who utilizes their service.

People who use a dial-up service for internet access will often get the same IP address as others utilizing the same dial-in number. Again, there is a finite block of IP addresses assigned to the given ISP.

WIFI is becoming very widespread, as is the use of wireless connections for laptops, PDA's, and internet-capable cellular phones. Anyone jumping onto one of the4se networks, will share the IP address of that network. Additionally, many counties have broad-based WIFI signals that can be accessed over many city blocks. Anyone who gets on one of these networks, will have the same IP address as everyone else on the network.

These are just a few examples. The point being, using an IP address to convict someone on a public forum is simply not prudent.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Thanks for the lesson in IP addresses Shrill.

It hardly matters whether Sarah and Sean are one and the same, brother and sister, boyfriend and girlfriend, or neighbors. Either way, she is a ringer.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #60
Ken Harbart
Valid examples, but all non-issues in this case.

The account that Sean used is a wired broadband account from Verizon, which was confirmed as his ISP via the registration information on both accounts.

While the odds are staggaring that his IP address is indeed dynamic, it has not released since he registered on this site yesterday (his last visit using seansexotics was late this morning), nor has it ever been used by any of the numerous other Verizon customers registered here. It is unique to only two accounts on this site, both registered within 24 hours of each other.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!