Sean Kirk any info. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #81
ExoticsExpress
Gotcha, take care...

Anthony Allis

Old 03-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #82
SkeletorTegu
I know this thread was started last year.. But I know Sean (not personally) But he claims to be a exotic animal rescuer..
I had a Coatimundi that i was ADOPTING out..and he contacted me.. Seemed to be a nice enough person on the phone and threw emails.he sounded like he knew all about what coati's needed. And he adopted my Baby Coati.
I recently Asked for photos and an update on Gonzo (coati).
This is the e-mail i received

To: melodramaticsin@aim.com
Sent: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 4:05 pm
Subject: Re: hey

Sorry, I have been sick as hell. We got Gonzo a new cage a week or so ago. He seems to love it. He has been a lot busier lately.LOL. He gets a ton of attention in this cage because everytime someone walks by he grabs you by your shirt and puts his head down to be pet. We let him out for atleast an hour a day twice a day and he is mischevious.. Gets into EVERYTHING!!!! He has gotten a lot nicer and lets me pick him up more with out the nipping. I will try to get some pics soon of him out and around the house.. Sean
Ohhyeah, The cage is a Ferret Nation cage that is 4x3x6 foot...
__
He also sent pics of Gonzo in his horrible small cage..and was feeding him what looked to be Lettuce.
My e-mail back to him
__
Sean you really only take him out twice a day for an hour? are you kidding me??? How would you like to be locked in a room 2 small for you for 22 hours straight? I really don't know what to say.. I'm kinda upset with the fact he really only gets out for an hour a day. And i don't know if that's lettuce, But if it is.. I don't know why you would feed him that.. I'm sorry Sean I am beginning to think i made a huge mistake.
__
If any one knows what a Coatimundi is, You know they they need a full sized room to be housed in. And need TONS of exercise.

Just some info on him.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #83
SkeletorTegu
Well i received another e-mail from him.. which made me laugh alittle.

To: melodramaticsin@aim.com
Sent: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 8:26 am
Subject: Re: hey

You know post whatever you want about me and what ever emails.. You obviously have something wrong with you. Post this.. When you sent me pics, your aopartment was disgusting. I assume that is why you wanted to meet at your dads. you said he was living in a lg kennel which you wanted to give me for him, you also said you didnt take him out much. I meant since I have been sick, pnemounia, I have still been taking him lut for atleast tsice a day for an hr.. WHen I met you , your hair waS MESSY AND GREASY BOTH TIME!!!!.. Your own father put you down for being a bum.. Look up ferret nation. Sorry sweetheart but I paid as much for the cage as I did for him. Fauna classifieds or the tegutalk.com or where ever.. Gonzo is in a very lg cage and has been to the vet. Lettuce,grapes, strawberries, cooked chicked,turkey, and hamburger he gets. Plus I ordered some vitamins and such for him as well. DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN!!!!

______
And my response
______

I'm going to post it.. Don't worry.. Cause you cant take care of your animals.. I was being nice in my post on the BOI.. Now i feel the need to tell them about your reptiles too.. And Sean your a grown Man.. Why are you attacking me personally, On the way i look? Not very professional on your part Sean!! My father was joking around...How about i bring up some of our old conversations about your reptiles?. I don't even live in an Apartment...So good try... As for my Kennel for him.. Yes he SLEPT in a Kennel...All day when i was home he was out and about,Going for car rides,walks..He was my child.
You gave me the size of the cage... And I'm sorry Sean but that's not acceptable for a Coati.. He isn't a Ferret. He needs AT LEAST 6'x6'x6' and that's minimum..And your only feeding him grapes and strawberries,turkey and hamburger? wow.. Maybe you need to do alittle more homework on these guys.. I thought you knew what your where doing..I guess not.. Your not professional AT ALL..And you assured me you knew what your where doing!

__
I'm sorry but this guy is a real Dirt Bag.. Judging people on how they look, Doesn't affect the way that take care of their animals...

Old 03-13-2008, 03:25 AM   #84
SnakeMan41185
All i got to say about this guy is stay away, he was post to buy some snakes off me we set up a date and he cancelled so we set up another and then i notice he was selling my snakes on kingsnake.com when he dident evan buy them yet then he cancelled for the next date he kept doing this for over a month finally i decided to try to sell them and i did and when he was posting them on kingsnake he was making up a bunch of stuff like saying they were all tame when i told him they werent saying he got them from some breeder, this guy is just a all around liar i would not buy any animals from him stay far away from this guy.
Thx Mike D

Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 AM   #85
Timotea
I'm not sticking up for anybody or anything but i live local to this guy and his reptiles are nice and healthy. I've talked to him every once and a while and he is seriously a okay in my book but from what it looks like from prior posts he needs to do a little more research on some things that aren't husbandry related ( Morph classifications and whatnot but recently everything i see is right ). He does do a reptile rescue and he is very good at it as he has every intention for the Reptiles well being. Ohh and the Coati or whatever you call it looks like its in good shape from pictures, ... But once again those are pictures I'll see if he is houseing it in something else now. This is just me so please no bashing i just wanted to throw my opinion out there.
- Tim Norton

Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #86
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotea
I'm not sticking up for anybody or anything but i live local to this guy and his reptiles are nice and healthy. I've talked to him every once and a while and he is seriously a okay in my book but from what it looks like from prior posts he needs to do a little more research on some things that aren't husbandry related ( Morph classifications and whatnot but recently everything i see is right ). He does do a reptile rescue and he is very good at it as he has every intention for the Reptiles well being. Ohh and the Coati or whatever you call it looks like its in good shape from pictures, ... But once again those are pictures I'll see if he is houseing it in something else now. This is just me so please no bashing i just wanted to throw my opinion out there.
- Tim Norton
Does he indeed have all of the 'visual morphs" he claimed to have?

And well.....it's nice to know that the reptiles he does have appear nice and healthy, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a liar. I don't know what kind of research will change that.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #87
willows chelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I like the way he says, "It's only a few people talking"......yet he heard about it from several of his customers.

What folks like this don't seem to get, is that it may be only a few people talking, but there's a whole lot of people reading and learning.

That is what I love about the BOI

If you don't want to be scammed, you can learn enough to avoid it 9 times out of 10.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #88
kimnrick04
Are there still no pics of his snakes(morphs) to be seen?
Rick

Old 04-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #89
Timotea
I'm not positive on what morphs that he claimed to have and even if i can get pictures of them but its a possibility. I just want to try and help him out is all. He has changed a bit from the years before but when i get a chance i'll chat with him when i have to go to the WMHC ( West Mass Herp Club. Finally got some people from NY and West Mass to come out of the woodworks lol ) meeting. If i get there though. Just FYI i can't speak for him but i can try and get a few questions to him or try and relay him back to this thread.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #90
foxilla
Thumbs down sean kirk: my experience

I met Sean Kirk over craigslist.
When I first saw his post he was looking for pets...
and seeking out people who "no longer could provide for their reptiles any longer"
or couldn't "dedicate enough time to them"...
Next thing I know I see that he posted about his exotics buisiness and claims that hes been in the reptile breeding/selling/ect buisiness for 20 years.

I actually emailed him about some snakes he claimed to have, however; when he emailed me back he made little sense in his anwsers and could give me no pictures.
I ended up just saying "screw it, I don't want one of his snakes" for many reasons.

I personally would not recommend him.
I don't even want to hear his references.

I've seen a few pictures of him...and in some pictures just parts of him.
He looks trashy.
And I havent seen him in any of the pictures except with your everyday varieties of snakes.

I'm glad to have stumbled upon this forum...
and my advice to all of you would be to go to the Albany Craigslist and keep posting about Sean.
Other than that IDK...

I just think he's gone and .....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!