Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 56 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #551
StuTennyson
Tony-Normally when someone says "OK" it's a positive response similar to "pleased" so I'm not sure what you are driving at here. I'm not about to say anything that is not true but since you obviously want something more than "OK" I will offer this: They were a little smaller than I expected and thin. I was told they were "plump' well started hatchlings so my expectation was for larger more robust hatchlings. One wouldn't eat and was promised as a "good" feeder. The non-feeder never did eat voluntarily. It was the one hatchling that never showed signs of ZD coincidentally. I would think if stress was a precursor to ZD then this one would have exhibited symptoms. I never made an issue over this one not feeding because that is something I have dealt with before even though for what I paid it should have. The others had a good feeding response so I felt confident that I could care for them effectively and fatten them up. As far as looks, coloration and health they were about what I expected. Overall I was less than "eustatic" but found them to be acceptable. I hope this answers your question.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #552
StuTennyson
Tony-Just an after thought as to why I've not wanted to go into great detail about what I thought of these snakes when I received them. I've been trying to avoid saying any more negative comments regarding these snakes. Truth is I was really not "thrilled" with them when I received them especially for what I paid for them. I did however find them acceptable and felt I could work with them. After a week went by and they started looking bad I began to start worrying. I didn't immediately think they had ZD as I was unfamiliar with ZD at that time. I think enough has been said and I just want this to be over for everyone especially Jerry and me. I hope this additional information satisfies you.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:59 AM   #553
TONY D
Thanks Stu. The info does, in my mind, help establish mind set of both parties.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #554
StuTennyson
Tony-Yes it does establish a mind set. My mind set at first was I was willing to work with them because I thought they were “OK”. But as their skin condition worsened and I realized the problem was beyond my level of expertise I wanted to return them and get my money back.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #555
JerryKruse
Hi Stu,

yes I agree with you that we both want this to come to a close. And most certainly it will. What I'm a bit surprised about is your new revelation about how you found the animals to be upon arrival. It's not like you had not seen them prior to arrival, as I'd posted photos of them to show some progress as well as them voluntarily feeding. Every baby had eaten for me at least 8 or 9 times with the exception of the gratis het female who had eaten perhaps only 3 or 4 times as she was a slow starter (but eating voluntarily nontheless). Also remember, they did not hatch until mid-August. Giving them time to absorb their yolk takes about two weeks or so, then comes the fun of getting them to accept food -- I do not nor have I ever force-fed a baby snake unless it was absolutely the very last resort. I endeavor with a myriad of lizard options, all within every attempt at feeding, to see which lizard scent has the best response. I allow the snakes to decide, not force them to do something they are not ready to do, which in large part accounts for the exceptionally long period of time before I make my babies available (& not throw them onto a show table in the fall season as Mr. Osler would like to have seen). I feed my babies one pinky per week, and never try to offer more than that in the first year. An average-sized pinky is more than adequate for a baby zonata to take and digest on a weekly basis. Also, these are zonata Stu....not Florida kings or Andean milks. What were you expecting inside the near 5 months I had these babies? For them to be 14 inches long & spring-loaded once you opened the container?? That is not their typical behavior & Sierra zonata, on average, max out at around </=40 inches. So again, given that pre-existing mindset (which I think is not realistic) it is suffice to say that, in this respect, you were already set up for failure. Now please don't take that as a direct criticism or jab, because it is not. It's simply my rebuttal after your recent disclosure of what your assessment was upon receipt of the babies. They were all feeding well voluntarily, w/ the one female having eaten a bit less than the others, and were an average girth and size of most any baby that has left my hands & has gone over to others only to thrive very well over time. Suffice it to say, they were perfect in every way given what they are.

Again, I'm sorry for your experience after having received them Stu. I don't know what else to say. The snakes arrived this past Wednesday in a much-improved condition compared to the pics you'd originally posted as evidenced by smoother, shinier scales. No neuro nor any motor functioning issues are being observed at all. They all voluntarily fed several hours after being removed from their shipping box while still in their deli cups, all thawed/unscented pinkies, as well. I've taken detailed photos of each baby which I'd sent to you via phone several days ago. Unfortunately I have not had time to upload them and transfer them over here just yet, but I will as soon as I have time to do so. Talk with you soon.

Jerry

Old 03-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #556
thomas davis
i would venture to say had communication from the start with your customer been like this before/after and during the sale jerry perhaps ALL of this would have never been here.
glad its all been resolved.

,,,,,,,,,,thomas davis

Old 03-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #557
Bobby O
Thumbs down Stopping making BS up Jerry

First, refund ALL of Stu's money before you open up your big lying trap again. I NEVER said for you to display non feeding babies at your table. I said you had NO ANIMALS at your table and just some cheesy little computer display. Thanks to the BOI, I now realize (with your admission) that you had displayed pictures of animals that were not yours before and had tried to purchase other people's zonatas to resell. Go take care of your sick mother, refund the second half of Stu's money, and stop BSing on the BOI.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #558
StuTennyson
Jerry-My opinion of your snakes when I received them is not a "new revelation". It was what I thought about them when I first received them. I just didn't mention it because I didn't think it was necessary since I found them acceptable initially. As I stated in my earlier post I really didn't want to bring this up or mention any more negativity but your buddy Tony kept probing for an answer. If I hit a "nerve" then maybe you should ask your buddy Tony to quit stirring the pot.

[quote=JerryKruse;1435294]Also, these are zonata Stu....not Florida kings or Andean milks. What were you expecting inside the near 5 months I had these babies? For them to be 14 inches long & spring-loaded once you opened the container?? That is not their typical behavior & Sierra zonata, on average, max out at around

Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #559
StuTennyson
Sorry but something happened to the rest of my response. It got cut off some how.

[quote=StuTennyson;1435350]Jerry-My opinion of your snakes when I received them is not a "new revelation". It was what I thought about them when I first received them. I just didn't mention it because I didn't think it was necessary since I found them acceptable initially. As I stated in my earlier post I really didn't want to bring this up or mention any more negativity but your buddy Tony kept probing for an answer. If I hit a "nerve" then maybe you should ask your buddy Tony to quit stirring the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKruse View Post
Also, these are zonata Stu....not Florida kings or Andean milks. What were you expecting inside the near 5 months I had these babies? For them to be 14 inches long & spring-loaded once you opened the container?? That is not their typical behavior & Sierra zonata, on average, max out at around
If this was not meant as criticism or a jab then how was it meant? Usually when someone says "don't take this personal" or "I don't mean to be insulting" they usually mean it. That's like me saying "don't be such a jerk but I don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything".

You didn't respond to one of my earlier posts so I will ask again: Could you send the remainder of my refund in a check? Then I don't have to absorb the PayPal fee. If you could send it early enough this coming week (you can post mark it for Friday if you want) for me to receive it by Friday I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Stu

Old 03-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #560
StuTennyson
These are pictures taken the morning I shipped them back.

I would like to reiterate my point. Even if these snakes were to "clear up" I would not want to keep them for many reasons. Mainly the uncertainty this condition could resurface in these or their progeny.

Jerry-I'm glad they are doing so well for you and I wish you good luck with them. Send the remainder of my refund this week and I will be happy too.

Thanks

Stu
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!