October proof clutch shed out - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-29-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
Vilenica
October proof clutch shed out

Thought I'd share some dark and lovely hypos here! Tell me what you think. On the left is a bright, quality orange ghost next to the matriarch deemed the 'Grey Ghost'. After her
acquisition, My peer, Joe Rollo successfully outcrossed this oddity, thought to be a bel type hypo import, with a black backed VPI Clown in 2013, producing a full clutch of strikingly dark, seemingly double het 'Grey Ghost' VPI clowns. I immediately followed and showed interest in this line upon their unveiling and am proud to say that this year, in partnership, we have proved her compatible with the Orange ghost line of hypo and assuringly most mainstream lines. She was paired with granite clown het orange ghost producing these grey/orange blended hypos het for clown nicknamed 'Grange' ghosts to denote their genetics. here we have double het siblings from this clutch that are ringers for the original 2013 double hets produced. Notice the mocha type blackness of these two that make this project so interesting. While it is possible that the 'Grey Ghost' has a dominant or incomplete dominant gene attached, we are one step further to proving that this is the doing of one simple recessive gene. Short term goals for this project include getting a 100% het son back to her in efforts of making pure 'Greys'. Thanks for looking and if your interested in following further progress of this project you can find an occasional update on my Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/Wicked-Fairy-Magic-1519098661664086/

- Jason Vilenica
Wicked Fairy Magic

Old 10-29-2015, 11:42 PM   #2
Dbz4246
Congrats on proving them compatible with Orange Ghosts! It does look like there might have been another gene at play from the original female. Either way, it is a great looking project!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!