Can't find the delete anymore - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
RachelsBoa
Can't find the delete anymore

Where is the option to delete your post?? Thanks!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Ain't one on Fauna,you can edit,but not delete

Old 02-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
RachelsBoa
Ah, thank you. I thought there used to be one.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelsBoa View Post
Ah, thank you. I thought there used to be one.
There is a delete function in some parts of fauna, just not all. Probably should have posted this in the feedback forum, you would of gotten a better answer.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
hhmoore
The delete function is tied to editing; and, as such, is not available to all members. (Yes, I noticed that the OP is a contributing member, but the statement needed to be included.) As Jeremy indicated, it is not available in every section of the site....I'm assuming from his comment that it hasn't been removed entirely, but I don't really have a way of checking.
Click Edit. Where available, there will be a Delete box. Clicking that will drop another section - under the Delete Options heading, select Delete Message. Then click the Delete button.

Deleting classifieds is best accomplished via the Classifieds Panel, which is available to all members.

Just curious....what did this have to do with boas?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
RachelsBoa
Still can't find it. I originally accidentally posted my classified ad in the boa forum. Then I realized what I did and tried to delete it and couldn't. So, I just edited it to what it is now. (That's why it was in the boa forum. It really WAS about a boa lol)

Old 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
hhmoore
That option may have been removed. I know it was for a while several years ago, then it was reactivated with some restrictions. I haven't had a "normal" account in so long it's hard to answer some of these questions....and I'm not bumping mydummyacct up to Contributor status, lol (if I did, I'd have to create mydummyacct2; so I could still check on how registered accounts work)

Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
RachelsBoa
Haha, that's fine. I just thought I would change my ad to something so it wasn't sitting in the forums. And I got my question answered at the same time.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelsBoa View Post
Haha, that's fine. I just thought I would change my ad to something so it wasn't sitting in the forums. And I got my question answered at the same time.
Smart!

Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
You can also 'report it' to us and we'll move it to the classifieds if it happens by accident

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!