Jodi Aherns ~ Poor Business ethics and poor shipping methods!! AVOID - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Is a refund in order since the leos were shipped W/O a cool pack in 95 degree weather
Yes 104 98.11%
No 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #1
MGReptiles
Jodi Aherns ~ Poor Business ethics and poor shipping methods!! AVOID

Well I got to post 2 good guys posts today which is great now I get to post a BAD GUY.. I ordered some Het bell albinos from Jodi which he delayed shipping for almost 2 weeks stating it was to hot to ship. I asked for them to be shiped with a cool pack in the box and was told by him that they dont do anything.. A good cool pack in hot weather is a live saver(no pun). I received the leos on Friday the first of this month and they arrived dead with NO COOL PACK. I took pics and emailed him as soon as I opened the box. His reply was that he woudl reship them to me in 2-3 weeks, not acceptable!!!

The Leos were very very thin(see pic) and I do not want a replacement, I would like my money back and then to buy from someone that knows what they are going and actually cares about the animals AND the customer. He is offering me 90.00 out of the 135 I sent him.. Now that is bad business to me as they were shipped incorrectly and it is not my responsibility for an error made by the shipper of an animal by not putting a cool pack i the box to avoid the overheating that killed them...

I realize this is not alot of money but it is the principal behind the transaction. He also requested me to put this here as a poll and if you guys voted for me to have my money then I could have it??? Thats a new one to me. I know people that have had good dealing with this person and I aslo know of people that he has lied to and also the people I have shown the animals to have commented on how small they are.

I tried to get this resolved on our own to avoid posting here but Jodi does not think I deserve my money back unless you guys say it is ok..lol..

Just let this go to you as a warning to anyone who reads this a year from now. Dont deal with Jodi from the Ground gecko freak as if problems araise you will be offered something subpar.. Deal with someone that cares about thier customers and their animals...

Old 07-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
ReptileZone1
Aww that sucks that that happened...... I told him his geckos seemed pretty skinny before and he said that "they are fine and I have many happy customers", and in the mean time I racked up a few negative rep points + some positive ones... I think you should DEFINITELY get a full refund, wasn't your fault they arrived DOA... Oh well... what can I say?

Old 07-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
Bill_Leverton
DAMN Thats rude ........Poor little lizards never stood a chance

Old 07-03-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
VandeverExotics
I hate to see any dead animal, but it is ten times worse when it is do to some careless person that obviously doesn't care about what he sells. It's a shame this had to happen at all, but since it did, you definately deserve a full refund.

Charles Vandever
VandeverExotics

Old 07-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
Rebel Dragons
What a shame.

Once again the ignorance of man falls on an Innocent animal. Such an awful waste of life. I can't stand to see people that look at there "pets"* as $$$ instead of a little life.

*Don't know about that rest of ya, but I look at each and everyone of my breeders as well as the available as pets. Even if the plan was to sell them from day one.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Megf
That just sucks. You should get a refund!

Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
Jeremy Letkey
I have had nothing but great dealings with Jodi. However I do think that if all the geckos he sent to you arrived DOA, you are entitled to a 100% refund.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
Jim O
It's been awfully hot in the midwest this week where Jodi lives, and we've had our share of heat here in the south too though not nearly as bad. I'm not sure what Jodi was thinking shipping them without a cool pack. In a styrofoam lined box a cool pack can do plenty in my experience. I'd like to hear what Jodi has to say about all of this.

As for the size of the animals they do look a bit on the thin side but certainly not emaciated.

One comment, Matt, since Jodi did say he would refund the total amount if the vote here went against him, posting this as a "bad guy" instead of as a question with a poll *may* have been premature IMO.

I'm going to withold my vote pending what Jodi has to say, but I am inclined to vote for full refund at this point.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #9
BryonsBoas
Not your fault for improper packing. The shipper could've given a refund without resorting to this. Anyone with good business sense would've done it without resorting to poll ( ?????? wtf a poll ) .

Old 07-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #10
Rebel Dragons
C'mon Jim.................... What kind of a person determines a refund based on a poll. It was clearly an act of stupidity to send those little guys without a cool pack. Normally I would be inclined to think he forgot it and write it off as a mistake. But his comments clearly show he never had any intention of adding one. Dumb Dumb Dumb Anyway I hope all works out for ya on this one Matt. Perhaps on a happier not Jodi will learn how valuable cool packs can be.

Adios

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread