****Anthony McCain BAD , STAy Away**** - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #91
GDReptile
Derek

Derek,
There have been many people in this thread trying to calm you down and talk some sense into you. I guess I'll give it a try. Most people's Het guarantees, at best: 1) cover the purchase price of the animal and you get to keep it... or 2) they will replace it. You should consider yourself lucky that Anthony was attempting to work out a resolution with you, he is already doing more than all of the bad guys out there that we have seen. If the Het doesn't prove out next season most would consider a full refund, and you keeping the animal a just resolution. If Anthony feels that giving you more is in order, it would be an admirable thing, but I have a feeling you have already burned that bridge with your ludicrous demands. Anthony Offered you a Mystic. You should have asked him to try and sell it to pay you, or accepted it and tried to sell it yourself (It was after all worth more than the Het you purchased). Anthony offering you the Mystic was premature in my opinion without a second breeding, and it was a nice gesture.

Nowhere in Anthony's email did he admit to the same being a normal, you have attempted to spin his words. If the snake does not prove out, you are completely out of line to ask Anthony to refund you for the Het Genetic Stripes you purchased from him, that is a completely separate transaction. If and when they don't prove out (which I'm sure they will) you will have a new situation to resolve as a SEPARATE issue.

Here is a comparison.

You buy a new computer monitor for work. After a few months the monitor breaks, and you call the manufacturer. They offer to send you a replacement under the terms of your warranty. You don't want a replacement, you want a refund. You then demand the manufacturer pay you $xx.xx because not having a monitor disabled you from selling your merchandise on-line. You also demand that the manufacturer take receipt of all other products you own of the same brand, for a full refund. I don't think you are going to get very far.

If the Het doesn't prove out next season, and Anthony doesn't give you at least the industry standard Het guarantee, then he is a bad guy.

At this point this thread seems more like a SELLER BEWARE.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #92
evansnakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
buying a het is a gamble. You pay a lower price and have the chance to produce a visual morph.

It shouldn't be.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #93
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedawg
As any have read in the emails , Anthony plainly admitted this was a normal. Then Anthony admitted he bred a sister "het" to an albino , and got no albinos.
Anthony stated something to the effect that he didn't know why you didn't get albinos but that he also bred a sister het of your het to an albino and had 1 out of 6 eggs perish and that he did not get any albinos. Thats pretty much what he said and went on to offer you very fair compensation in my opinion. He never plainly admitted that he sold you a normal as a het.

You have it in your head that you want what you want and nothing less will do. You might get to the point where Anthony just tells you feck off and with total support of those reading along here. Make a deal for fair compensation with Anthony and just put this behind you.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #94
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
It shouldn't be.
I think what he might have meant is that the gamble is in that you'll produce one the first shot out. But no..youre right...buying an actual het shouldnt be the gamble.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM   #95
Serafim
You are correct Chuck and thanks for clearing that up. Lots of breeders have had hets not prove out immediately. You have to love genetics LOL because it doesn't always work in ones favor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!