Inquiry J&J Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
k9athlete
Question J&J Reptiles

Just bought a snake from them from Kingsnake. Paid via paypal and when I hit send it said I had sent a payment to Outback Reptiles.

I see good feedback for Outback Reptiles, so I'm just checking to make sure that J&J is on the up and up. Did Outback change their name?

I've had good communication and I'm hoping that when my snake is delivered it is as advertised.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
brd7666
You should be fine

I talked to a friend of mine that is a friend of Josh of J&J Reptiles. Josh and his wife no longer live in Maine. They moved to Virginia close to Outback Reptiles and he now sells Ians ( Ouback Reptiles) animals and gets a commision for each sale. So the animals you see J&J posting are more then likely Outbacks animals. I would think your animal would be fine, so I wouldn't worry to much. I hope this helps.

Brian Dierking

Old 08-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I talked to a friend of mine that is a friend of Josh of J&J Reptiles. Josh and his wife no longer live in Maine. They moved to Virginia close to Outback Reptiles and he now sells Ians ( Ouback Reptiles) animals and gets a commision for each sale. So the animals you see J&J posting are more then likely Outbacks animals. I would think your animal would be fine, so I wouldn't worry to much. I hope this helps.

Brian Dierking
The move is new..The rest is not.....

Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
tinmantribe5
J&J Rocks real honest people.
The tinman

Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Dixie Serpent Den
Josh with JNJReptiles is a great guy, we have done a few deals with him and couldn't be happier with our animals or the service we got. He does deal Ian's animals for him, we have a couple. You have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #6
treeboa
I got a yellowbelly ball python from Josh last year and it was a very good experience. She is already over 1000 grams and just keeps getting prettier. I'd buy from them anytime.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
bcherps
Hey All,

I have been friends with Josh for over a decade and used to live not far from him in Maine.

He has moved, and he does and has dealt Ians animals over the last few years. However, he does still have some other people stock on occassion and produced several clutches of boas and balls this year.

However no matter the source of his animals, they are hand picked and inspected by him, his packing and shipping is impeccable, and I have seen him bend over backwards to keep his word even when he was going to get nothing for his effort.

Thanks
Ben Cole

Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
k9athlete
Thanks everyone. My hubby posted the original inquiry under my username. He was concerned and wondered if J&J were actually Outback and why they would be receiving money under a different company name. I emailed Josh and he explained what was up. I also apologized that we didn't contact him directly and that this got put on the BOI for everyone to see.

I'm glad everyone had nothing but good things to say. I'm anxiously awaiting my new cornsnake and appreciate everyone's assistance and how quickly the post was answered.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
bcherps
Hey,

Definately don't apologize for being cautious. This is exactly the reason this website is here, to ask questions BEFORE you get burned.

This hobby has long had a black eye from scammers, and dishonest dealers. Too many people get too trusting and let excuses convince us we are not getting screwed.

In this case you lucked out, there is no problem, and J&J is a reputable dealer going through some business modifications now to enhance his business, and selection of animals, and ability to sell those animals(maine was very restrictive).

However, many many many, people have not been as lucky as you. Unfortunately all of us hear already know about how much of a service and a savings this site can be. Please spread the word about this site and how it can save you headaches, heartaches, and wallet-aches.

Thanks
ben cole

Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #10
jnjreptile
Thank you all for the kind words.

For the past four years we have purchased a variety of animals in large quantity from Outback Reptiles. During that period of time Ian became a close friend and mentor to us. I was recently offered a position with his company as full time sales rep. This position will allow us to continue to offer the same great animals and customer service that our customers have grown to expect from us. It will also provide the ability to offer an even wider array of animals than before.

I will be starting as a full time sales rep next week and have been in the process of transitioning our clients and remaining animals to Outback during the last few days. This will insure that there is no conflict of interest as some of the animals that we currently have in stock would be in competition with theirs. Once I officially start at Outback, my wife will continue to run J&J Reptiles on a smaller scale that allows us to continue to do the odd balls and specials that we have always been our biggest passion, along with a few select animals we produce here.

As I am transitioning our wholesale business over to Outback I am tying all of the loose ends up. This includes the email address that the original poster questioned in her post. The email is a back up address for when our web site goes down. I set that email up to go to Outback as payment to finalize our transition. The address is only a temporary one until the transition is complete early next week. I explained this to the original poster when she emailed about it.

I hope that this will clear this up any confusion on the matter. In no way was this an attempt to do anything that would be considered inappropriate or deceptive. I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to offering you the same great service as before with even more of a selection to choose from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!