Laugh out loud (LOL) at my male Ceratophrys cranwelli. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Dyscophus antongilii
Laugh out loud (LOL) at my male Ceratophrys cranwelli.

Well, lets just say my male Ceratophrys cranwelli isn't shy and is fine being fed with forceps. However, he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, as demonstrated by a photo, at least in my humble opinion.

[IMG][/IMG]
"Happy" and "calmly" eating what I believe is an Acheta domesticus.

[IMG][/IMG]
It took approximately five (5) minutes for him to release the feeding implement. Is that "normal" behavior for a Ceratophrys cranwelli and or Ceratophrys in general?

[IMG][/IMG]
Five minutes later.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Burp! Feed me...
(thanks for sharing)

Old 05-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
DLenaRuth999s
He's cute, just munching along...chomp chomp chomp...

Old 05-20-2017, 06:48 PM   #4
Dyscophus antongilii
Thank you both so much for your kind words. Plus, appreciating, my very common species.

I am NEVER sure if I am boring everyone to death with my critter picture's. So, I GREATLY appreciate the responses.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Beyond GenetiX
Are you sure he just wasn't needing a toothpick.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #6
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Are you sure he just wasn't needing a toothpick.
, you might be right. Why didn't I think of that!

Old 05-26-2017, 04:59 AM   #7
Jawsofafrog
Your frog definitely was hungry! My Cornuta brown phase are grabbing my tongs too! They let go, but it is a long grab of my tongs!

Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawsofafrog View Post
Your frog definitely was hungry! My Cornuta brown phase are grabbing my tongs too! They let go, but it is a long grab of my tongs!
My Ceratophrys crawnwelli is always hungry . Of course, I would love to see the Ceratophrys cornuta eating. .

Old 09-10-2018, 02:29 AM   #9
HiddenHerps
I hate to be the one to point it out but I think your frog was giving you the finger in the second picture...

Old 09-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #10
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenHerps View Post
I hate to be the one to point it out but I think your frog was giving you the finger in the second picture...
, I swear, I did not notice that. You made me LOL for real. I have some other funny pictures of him eating, if, you wanted to see them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bart, jawsofafrog, michael brown