New Kid...Sidney - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Tere Salazar
New Kid...Sidney

Well, here's our little Sidney. He's the lab/sheltie mix. He's a rescue from the local shelter, and one look can show why. Aren't those ears darling?

Yeah...real darling until he eats the power cord to the hubby's laptop...

Regardless, he's still mama's baby boy.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
Cat_72
Tere, he is adorable!! Do you know how old he is?

And what is it with puppies and computer cords??? At least my foster pup only ate a USB cord though, probably a lot cheaper to replace than your power cord was, lol.

I'd be willing to bet ya money that he's a Shiba Inu/Lab mix though. The color and general body structure give it away....and the Shibas have the upstanding ears.

And eh, that's not your boy holding the pup, is it??? He CAN'T be that big!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #3
Tere Salazar
Told ya so. I was wimped the first time I saw a pic of him. You know, since the shelter mistook him for a girl, I have no doubt they got his cross wrong, as well. We were actually told 2 other things besides sheltie/lab, but leave it to me to not remember what they were. Guaranteed, it wasn't the one you're talking about. That, I would have remembered!

We were told he's about five months old. If he really is, we're in trouble because he's already way bigger than Max (the original lab mix) was at this age. And yes, that would be the man child, who's also very big for his age. Give him a year, and he'll tower over me. I am NOT looking forward to that.

Yeah, I am thankful that at least he hasn't chewed anything on my computer yet, since I use it for work every day. Although, I probably just jinxed myself.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #4
monkeywrench133
That's one good looking dog Tere! Congrats!

But there sure isn't any Sheltie in him!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
seriously, how darned cute is that boy!? I would steal him away!

Congrats on him!! though... im sorry about the lappy cable... that just sucks! LOL

Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Tere Salazar
Thanks, Erin!

I don't know what he's got in him...that's for sure. What I do know is that those ears, where ever they came from, are just precious.

I wish I could get a picture of him running with those ears up but still flopping around, or cocking his head to the side with those ears up, and his little head all crinkled up. But just to get those two shots took about an hour because it seems like he's always moving.

I am such a wimp.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Tere Salazar
And thanks, Alicia!

Old 03-20-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
Lucille
He is just a cutie pie!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Tere Salazar
You know what's funny? He's so much cuter in person (those are some really crappy pics), and has this fabulous personality, to boot. I got really lucky.

Now, if I can just get him to stop peeing on the kitchen floor...

Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
Now, if I can just get him to stop peeing on the kitchen floor...
Great puppy!!!! And I'd be giving him a cookie for peeing in the kitchen - we are getting ready to replace our living room carpeting from our last adventure with housebreaking

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!