Exoticsrus, Ricky D./Ray Hunter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2003, 07:15 AM   #1
mercedesherp
Exoticsrus, Ricky D./Ray Hunter

I have done a search but found only 2 replies from last year. Anyone have recent experience with the above. Is Ray Hunter the same as Hunter reptiles? I remember some negative posts about Hunter reptiles. (Brooksville,FL) I would really appreciate some input on this/these company/people. Thanks agian all, especially you Rich for making this inquiry possible! Hank

Old 05-23-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Hank,

No Ray Hunter is not the same person from Hunter Reptiles. Ray and Ricky are both good guys in the buisness. I have not done alot of purchaes from them but I have purchased from them. Ray is one of the best out there when it come to "HOTS" specially cobras.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
herpetological
Exotic Reptile Jungle/Ray Hunter

They are good people. We do quite a bit of business together. There have been a few problems but, nothing major. Always made good on it!! Again, good people. !! Thanks Ray Goushaw Herpetological Breeding Research

Old 05-23-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
evansnakes
I have bought a large number of animals from Ricky Indirectly over the years through a friend of mine that worked for him. The one thing that you have to keep in mind when dealing with an importer is the major factor here, nearly everything that Ricky sells is just from the airport, imported from overseas. It does not have any time in this country to be acclimated, medicated or assesed. I am not saying that the animals are not good. I choose to only buy them when I can hand pick them. Any import shipment will have some poor quality animals in it and somebody is going to get them. I have tried to buy direct from these guys a couple times in the past couple years and my emails and phone calls were not returned for a long time and I was not treated well. So I will just keep buying through other importers and my friend who cherry picks the stuff. Evan Stahl

Old 05-23-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
Chance
I have purchased a number of snakes from Ray and have spoken with him many times over the phone. I've never been treated anything less than excellently by him. I've never spoken with Ricky though, so I can't say anything there. So far, in all the fresh imports I've bought from Ray, only one has died (too bad it was the $400 one...lol). I had the pleasure of getting to meet and speak with Ray at the San Antonio hot show in December, and he's as great a guy in person as he is over the phone. As long as you're willing and able to deal with fresh imports, I say go for it as ERJ tends to have some of the best prices in the biz.

Old 05-25-2003, 04:15 PM   #6
COBRAMAN
Thanks, Chance, Rob, and Ray (Goushaw). I have only been running Exotic Reptiles Jungle for the past year, as Ricky is heavy into Real Estate now, but we now have a large warehouse now, and we do TRY to medicate and acclimate the animals a bit before sales (obviously there are animals that are bought before they are medicated sometimes, but that is at the discression of the buyer). We no longer simply sell shipments as was done in the past when I was not here, and Ricky was a Captain of a ship and out to sea for 6 weeks at a time. At that time that was a necessity for Rick's wife to keep shipments coming in. This may also be the reason that some of your calls and e-mails were not answered or returned in a timely fashion back then. In the past year, I doubt I have not answered anyones e-mail, and our phone number is my cell phone that is on 24/7 (772-215-7625). If you try to call out old number (772-871-0242) and can not get through, that is because that is now our warehouse number, that is used for the computer and internet (no DSL avail. yet!!! bloody heck!!!), So as all our website (exoticsRus.com) and all our kingsnakes ads instruct, please use my cell phone to contact me, and you should get through with no problem. If you have to leave a voice mail, know that I do return ALL calls. Kingsnake dot com is a double edged sword, as I prefer people to call me for info instead of e-mail, because I get 60-100 e-mails a day, and do not have time to play e-mail tag for two weeks with someone that is only interested in a single gecko etc. Most of you that I have spoken to seem to be more than understanding about this, as they go through the same thing. You can get a lot more covered with a 3 minute call than 2 weeks of e-mail back and forth, and I am always willing to call you if you send me your phone number. Ray Goushaw's past problems must have been prior to my coming abord, because I have never had any problems relating to him, and am not aware of any from the past I think he and I work together real well, and he is always very helpfull in teaching me all the many things I don't know about this biz, and the animals I get in that I know little about (my specialty has always been restricted to venomous snakes, and venom production).
Blessings to you all
Ray Hunter
General manager
Exotic Reptiles Jungle
772-215-7625

Old 10-18-2003, 08:01 PM   #7
karl ramsdell
Thumbs up ray hunter

ray hunter at exotic reptiles jungle is a great guy. recently bought an animal form him and the animal was nicer than described. ray was very quick with teh shipping, and did an excellent packing job. way to go ray! ill be back!

karl ramsdell

" to be united is a great thing, but to respect difference is even greater" bono

Old 10-18-2003, 08:40 PM   #8
COBRAMAN
Thank you Karl. It was and always has been a pleasure dealing with you.
Blessings
Ray Hunter

Old 10-18-2003, 09:32 PM   #9
Earl H. Turner
Talking Ray Hunter----Cobraman

I have purchased several large King Cobras and other venomous species from Ray. He is, without a doubt, the most honest individual in the venomous reptile business. That is not to say that he only sells venomous reptiles; he sells many species of non-venomous snakes, amphibians, chelonians and lizards. I have yet to receive a "b-grade" animal from him. It will never happen!. He is accurate in his discription of the animals he has to offer and will let one know if there is any scars, eyecaps, etc. prior to purchase. It sure would be nice if some of Ray would "rub off" on some of the morons in the reptile business in south Florida. He is quite frankly, " in a class all his own"........Earl Turner

Old 10-18-2003, 11:36 PM   #10
COBRAMAN
Thank you Earl.
Ray Hunter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!