Info *BEWARE* Jim Stelpflug-Questionable Ethics - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #111
tlmoon
David, if I were to judge you only based on those FB screenshots, I would not think highly of you. A rather gross remark about scaleless snakes, a rude comment to someone, curse words, etc. Frankly, I would think, "what an aggressive jerk, here's a person to avoid". Now, in the BOI for the most part I think you conduct yourself within the rules of the forum so I haven't drawn that conclusion here. My point is not to attack you for what you said on FB, but to show that it's easy to draw a conclusion from some random thing on FB. Maybe you were in a bad mood when you posted it. Maybe you were irritated by something else on FB. Maybe it is not a good reflection of your character as a person...so by the same logic maybe you are judging Jim unfairly?

It looks like he had that one transaction where the buyer was less than thrilled - for good reason. Do I think he should have done more to fix a situation where he sold the wrong morph? Yes, I do. But I wonder if that situation is getting dragged up to justify this thread?

Old 04-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #112
Jim@SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
There are no longer any rules (or integrity for that matter) in the BoI.

Welcome to the party.

Funny thing about this. I wonder the same thing when this was posted. I stater here in 2002. Everyone had a lot respect for this place. The moderators were looked up to. You actually had respect for them. After this experience I have lost a lot of respect for this place.

This all started because I accepted some bias for a past deal. I never sold David Beard a animal. If I had. I would have a recourse to right a wrong.

DAVID did not sell, trade, or make a purchase from me. I can't correct anything can I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-23-2017, 05:17 PM   #113
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
David, if I were to judge you only based on those FB screenshots, I would not think highly of you. A rather gross remark about scaleless snakes, a rude comment to someone, curse words, etc. Frankly, I would think, "what an aggressive jerk, here's a person to avoid". Now, in the BOI for the most part I think you conduct yourself within the rules of the forum so I haven't drawn that conclusion here. My point is not to attack you for what you said on FB, but to show that it's easy to draw a conclusion from some random thing on FB. Maybe you were in a bad mood when you posted it. Maybe you were irritated by something else on FB. Maybe it is not a good reflection of your character as a person...so by the same logic maybe you are judging Jim unfairly?

It looks like he had that one transaction where the buyer was less than thrilled - for good reason. Do I think he should have done more to fix a situation where he sold the wrong morph? Yes, I do. But I wonder if that situation is getting dragged up to justify this thread?
Totally understandable how one might come to that conclusion, and honestly I would not blame you. I have always been a rather opinionated person when it comes to certain topics, and I sometimes express them in ways people disagree with. That much I am aware of and I am at peace with that. The feelings and viewpoints of other people is something outside my realm of control, and I choose not to spend much time fretting over such things.

Whether someone dislikes me because of my opinions, my approach or whatever reason they can conjure up in their minds.....honesty, integrity and moral fibre is something that none can bring up as a slight against me, with any sort of legitimacy. That much I know, and am proud of.

With as many people that have come into this thread to try and distract from the topic at hand (Jim's business ethics,actions, behavior and interaction with known criminals) I have to believe that there is a reason for that. An exert from literature leaps to mind:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Context and application should be apparent to those familiar with the quote.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #114
DavidBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim@SW View Post
Funny thing about this. I wonder the same thing when this was posted. I stater here in 2002. Everyone had a lot respect for this place. The moderators were looked up to. You actually had respect for them. After this experience I have lost a lot of respect for this place.

This all started because I accepted some bias for a past deal. I never sold David Beard a animal. If I had. I would have a recourse to right a wrong.

DAVID did not sell, trade, or make a purchase from me. I can't correct anything can I?

I might not have received an animal from you, but David Reid did. What have you done to correct that issue?

Old 04-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #115
Chris Kennard
Quote:

I couldn't disagree more. I've been here quite a while, and have watched this forum evolve into a place where the rules have been tweeked quite a bit to suit the people who don't want to be scammed and to gift everyone the opportunity to amplify their side of the story. Those who choose to chastise this site don't appreciate it until they need this site. The moderators here are second to none and do exactly what they should. The rules are clear. The mods are not, and never act as, judge and jury. Funny how only clean hands appreciate this site more than anyone. And for what it's worth, I can understand why you liked the mods back then more the the mods now. Been there, done that. They don't hold a candle to the mods here now. If you lost so much respect for this place, why post here? Never mind, we know why...wink wink.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:17 PM   #116
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
If you lost so much respect for this place, why post here? Never mind, we know why...wink wink.
Well he hasn't been really. 2011 was the last time until this thread.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #117
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Well he hasn't been really. 2011 was the last time until this thread.
Wow! Good thing you focussed on that one sentence in my post. Why is that? He's posting here now...OBVIOUSLY. So what's your point? It's okay to ridicule this site and it's mods if you only post here when being put on the spot? Jim might be the greastest guy on the planet, as amplified by his fans (ty has lots of those too), or he might be a closet con artist (which I doubt). Nevertheless, this site exists for the viewers to decide who they will or will not do business with. If Jim doesn't think this site will affect his business, and doesn't respect this site or it's mods, why post here? Are ya' feelin' me bro'?

Old 04-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #118
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
I did a trade with Jim Stelpflug of SW Reptiles several years ago, and it did not go as planned. I sent a Mojave Het Axanthic male to Jim, in trade for a Spectre male. Both were valued at approximately $1500 at the time of the trade. When I received the "Spectre" male, I asked Jim if he was sure it was a Spectre, as it looked identical to my female YB. He assured me it was. I actually asked a few different times, because I was convinced it was just a YB. He got annoyed and passed me off to the actual breeder who produced the snake. The breeder told me if he did not prove out, he would send me a trio of spectres. I produced an Ivory with the supposed Spectre, which proved it was just a $50 YB male. I talked to the breeder who said he would send me a trio of Spectres, and after a little back and forth, he made good on his promise. Unfortunately, there is probably a $400 or more gap between the value of the trio I got from the breeder, not from Jim, but from the guy Jim passed me off to, and the snake I sent Jim. So, I am having to wait another year for the new Spectre male to get up to breeding size, so no Super Stripes for me until maybe this year.

Mistakes happen, and the breeder followed through with what he said he would do, Jim passed me off, and now will not return my emails regarding the $400 which I feel is still owed to me. I would not do business with Jim again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

There is no time limit on amends. Perhaps the issue could be revisited and the issue put right?
Some have come forward, to say that in their opinion, Jim is a terrific seller and a good guy.
I hope he will step up and make amends on this issue by sending David Reid $400 to help show that all of those good words have substance.

Show us, don't tell us. Let your deeds speak for themselves.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #119
Chris Kennard
Oh, and for what it's worth, Jim, I've been suspended more than once and kicked off of this site for a whole year. Didn't stop me from appreciating the value of Fauna and the hard work it takes to keep it running.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #120
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
There are no longer any rules (or integrity for that matter) in the BoI.

Welcome to the party.
Quote:
Gee, didn't anyone teach you how to leave a site and not come back? Well, I have a suggestion for the both of you. Beat it, fellas. Then lose the URL to come back here. See that? Simple solution for you both, now isn't it? And everyone is happy!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!