Info *BEWARE* Jim Stelpflug-Questionable Ethics - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #121
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Some have come forward, to say that in their opinion, Jim is a terrific seller and a good guy.
I hope he will step up and make amends on this issue by sending David Reid $400 to help show that all of those good words have substance.

Show us, don't tell us. Let your deeds speak for themselves.
If he makes good on that now, it only proves that the site he has lost so much respect for actually serves a positive purpose.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #122
DavidBeard
If we took a real statistical look at it, I wonder how many of the people who demean and devalue the BOI are the ones who deserve to be analyzed here the most? I would wager a staggering amount.

For me personally, those who are quick to discredit the BOI and this site in general, raise a red flag with me that typically isn't wrong.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #123
DLenaRuth999s
I read through this thread again. Please correct me nicely if I am mistaken. Didn't the man who received the YB instead of a Spectre actually get offered, and accept, 3 Spectres from the man who stepped up and admitted he originally made the identification error? Since the man agreed to the recompense, why would anyone think he should, after taking custody of the Spectres, receive anything more?

If I bought a Sauder bookshelf at Walmart that had a shelf with the wrong finish on it, and Walmart didn't have any more, but the store contacted Sauder and Sauder sent me a replacement shelf that was acceptable to me, I would not then expect Walmart to also give me something, even though I bought it from them. The original error occurred in the Sauder factory and Sauder made good on it to my satisfaction. It should be a done deal.

And as a sidebar, the way it was resolved, in my opinion, shows good character on the part of the original Spectre owner. It also illustrates the good working relationship between the original Spectre owner and the man who sold it. That's totally excellent in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #124
Lucille
Darlene, Reid says the trio was worth $400 less than the value of the traded snake.
Unless there was a specific agreement otherwise between Jim and Reid, the original parties, a lower value replacement still leaves the original parties with an unsatisfactory resolution.

A seller cannot relinquish responsibility because an upstream producer/manufacturer made an error.
He remains on the hook absent a specific agreement. Many consumer fraud statutes protect a buyer by saying that the seller must make good, and then the seller can go against the manufacturer/producer, and the innocent consumer does not get run around.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #125
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
I read through this thread again. Please correct me nicely if I am mistaken. Didn't the man who received the YB instead of a Spectre actually get offered, and accept, 3 Spectres from the man who stepped up and admitted he originally made the identification error? Since the man agreed to the recompense, why would anyone think he should, after taking custody of the Spectres, receive anything more?

If I bought a Sauder bookshelf at Walmart that had a shelf with the wrong finish on it, and Walmart didn't have any more, but the store contacted Sauder and Sauder sent me a replacement shelf that was acceptable to me, I would not then expect Walmart to also give me something, even though I bought it from them. The original error occurred in the Sauder factory and Sauder made good on it to my satisfaction. It should be a done deal.

And as a sidebar, the way it was resolved, in my opinion, shows good character on the part of the original Spectre owner. It also illustrates the good working relationship between the original Spectre owner and the man who sold it. That's totally excellent in my opinion.
I like your post. My problem is that if you replace the name Brock Wagner with the name Manny Frade...nuff said...

Old 04-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #126
DLenaRuth999s
Thank you, Lucille, I understand more of the situation now.

About a year and a half ago, I made my first post here about a Miami corn that actually was a classic wild type, as was suggested to me by Webslave over on CornSnakes.com. Prior to that, I had no clue this site even existed. I have learned so much about TOS, business practices and ethics, and made some excellent contacts with people who have sold me some wonderful snakes. I've also managed to avoid a couple of scams, a few possibly very bad purchases, and the grave tactical error of the PayPal f&f option.
There are so many wonderful breeders and hobbyists here. I've been given solid advice and guidance by many a moderator as well.
Thank you.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:43 PM   #127
DavidBeard
The other major problem with the trade situation that I see is that Jim vehemently denies that the Spectre belonged to him, yet has offered no proof of that, only that Wagner produced the snake.

I want to know what kind of sense it makes for Jim to trade for a snake that doesn't belong to him.....if he was the middle man, why did the snake that David Reid sent to him not go to Brock Wagner, if the alleged Spectre indeed belonged to Wagner? None of that adds up.

Reid has confirmed again that Jim mentioned NOTHING about the snake not belonging to him, which tells me that at best he omitted VERY important details about the snake and at worst lied to take advantage of Mr. Reid, then refused to admit to any wrong doing.

I really fail to see how I'm the only one who has come to this conclusion. Its pretty transparent what happened.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #128
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
If we took a real statistical look at it, I wonder how many of the people who demean and devalue the BOI are the ones who deserve to be analyzed here the most? I would wager a staggering amount.

For me personally, those who are quick to discredit the BOI and this site in general, raise a red flag with me that typically isn't wrong.
Now I agree 100% on that! Those who complain how the BOI is terribly unfair/has gone to hell in a handbasket/is biased/is a plot against certain people/etc, have invariably not ready many, if any at all, of the threads. This thread alone shows a variety of opinions - surely a forum with only one voice would not allow for different opinions?

Old 04-23-2017, 09:00 PM   #129
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I really fail to see how I'm the only one who has come to this conclusion.
You're definitely not. Jim either left out information that I think many would agree - if they can get past the pedestal effect - should have been made clear to David before the exchange took place, for several reasons; or Jim really did own the snake and simply decided to make David jump through some needless extra hoops when he finally accepted that Brock had shorted him on a previous transaction. Neither scenario seems very flattering to me, but I don't have a need to justify any preconceptions.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #130
Chris Kennard
I'm curious as to what Reid received. Three male spectres? How long ago? Has he produced anything from that deal?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!