iHerp opinions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
WingedWolf
iHerp opinions

New site around offering an online database for tracking your reptile collection, but they have some really interesting perks. The most interesting is a Lineage database, and the ability to transfer reptiles to other people who are registered, to preserve information about bloodlines when animals change hands.

I was wondering what other folks thought of this, and how likely it was to take off and turn into something widely useful. I'd actually been hoping for some sort of centralized database for keeping track of bloodlines would become available for ball pythons--and here's one. The question is, is it THE one?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Wolfy-hound
I joined recently, and I like it a lot so far! I like that you cant rack sheds, feeding, etc all on one program online.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
I've been using it for a while, and I like it. It's convenient & easy.
There was another thread on here somewhere, regarding tracking software. There were a couple of others named, Degei (or something like that) and one that I can't remember.
I tried them both, and although I like the in-depth info tracked on Degei, I didn't have the patience to sit down with it. If I was to use something other than iherp, that would be the one.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
The other one I was talking about was METZCAL.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
WingedWolf
I use Degei for my personal record-keeping, but I've begun using iHerp to take advantage of the Lineage Database. Its possibilities fascinate me. I think it would be truly interesting in a few years to see animals I have sold produce offspring in other peoples' collections, and be able to track where they go, and what their offspring look like, etc.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Tiger Lilly
Yeah, but that will only work if they continue to use iherp, won't it?
That's a big part of why I use it, as well. It's like having your future snakes come with a pedigree!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!