Quick question... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-14-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Paul Kent
Quick question...

Situation:

South Brazilian Aramili: apparently '04's that have been "maintanence fed" and are 1 1/2' in lenght.

Correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt that seem a little odd?

These are not mine, Im working out a deal with someone and this is the info that I've gotten so far. Apparently produced by Miller Reptiles.

Comments?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
scotty77327
Unless they are some kind of Dwarf i would say they were way underfed
Just my 2 cents worth.
Scott

Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #3
Paul Kent
They are considered a "dwarf" species, but almost no growth in 2 1/2 years?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #4
hhmoore
While amarali are a bit smaller than some of the other boas, I wouldn't consider them a dwarf species. If the specimens you mentioned are indeed '04s and that size, I would pass on them

Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
While amarali are a bit smaller than some of the other boas, I wouldn't consider them a dwarf species. If the specimens you mentioned are indeed '04s and that size, I would pass on them

I agree with Harald.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Clay Davenport
Normally the term "maintenance fed" is used to mean that they have not been fed for maximum growth, but have still been fed regularly.
Then there are some, apparently this person as well, who consider just enough food to sustain life to be maintenance feeding. Going on three years old and only 18 inches is ridiculous and could only be accomplished by extreme underfeeding..

I would definitely pass on these if it were me. I have found that a lot of the time a specimen that has been severely underfed for that length of time will fail to attain a normal adult size regardless of the feeding schedule you put them on.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
Paul Kent
Thats what I figured. Im just making sure that its not some off-the-wall detail that I hadnt read about.

I told the guy to kick rocks...

Thanks for the input guys

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!