will female bearded dragons eat their young? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-01-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
themancmt
will female bearded dragons eat their young?

will female bearded dragons eat their young? i see all these pics with baby beardies on their moms back i always thought that the females and males will eat their babies? thanks chris

Old 07-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I too have seen pics like that and even seen people do first hand. I don't recommend it and would never try it myself. In a flash the bigger dragon can kill the smaller one. All it would take would be one bite. It's like playing Russian roulette in my opinion.

Some people think it's cute. I think it's irresponsible and just plain stupid.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
clarinet45
In a word, yes. any larger dragon will try to kill/eat a smaller creature. I have to explain to ppl all the time that 1. no, she doesn't nurse the babies, and 2. she doesn't know her babies from a tasty snack! lol. But i have to say, in all logicalness, for the 2 seconds it takes to snap a photo, having a baby on it's mother's head isn't going to do any harm. If she can't see him, she can't magically eat them. I always take group pictures early in the morning, before they are fully awake, hungry, horny, and less inclined to sit still to avoid problems.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!