Bearded Help - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #21
Cat_72
Though I've never used it, I believe it is another fairly commonly used antibiotic, used to treat bacterial infections. Some RI's are just resistant to certain antibiotics....if one doesn't work, try another.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #22
Reptile Adoptions
what have you used and that has worked

Old 02-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #23
Cat_72
I've had good luck with both Baytril and Tylan.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #24
Reptile Adoptions
ok im going to contact a vet he doesnt have his mouth open anymore just still sneezes alot and slimy stuff come out of his nose before

Old 02-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #25
Robust_Beardies
We had a dragon who went through a round of Baytril for RI and it didn't help. We tried this pink stuff called Sulfa/Trimeth that we gave to her orally. After two weeks of that twice a day, she was better than ever. Maybe that's an option for your snake?

Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #26
Reptile Adoptions
Alittle Update

The male is hold his mouth open and not a the basting holding his mouth open he does it alittle bit when he is in the shade even im thinking probably an Ri, but there eating like crazy they ate about 25 crickets and two salads today and still wanted more. so i gave them well attempted to give them each a pinky mouse and the female ate hers and his. No a real good thing so i got another one held her back for him to eat forget it she jumps out of your hand and takes off after it. she should be okay they both have been going to the bathroom atleast once a day (YUK)and getting plenty of heat and uvs rays and calcium sup. HOpefully my Super worms and wax worms get here. but im sure they will make a full recovery there eating like crazy moving around more and love there crickets and there meal worms. ill keep you posted and get some better pictures in a month when he has put back on most her weight

Old 02-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #27
shinkster
Have you taken these guys to the vet to have fecals done yet? It sounds like if there's a possibility of an RI, your male probably ought to go in with the samples. RIs in beardies can be difficult to treat even when they're in good health, and these guys, from the pictures, look like they don't have anything to spare to illness.

Old 02-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
Reptile Adoptions
NO im in search of a have inteligent Vet there is nothing around here for vets

Old 03-11-2007, 11:57 PM   #29
threesmyluv
Question curious?

The dragon in the picture who is in worse shape , what color would that be?
Just curious.
Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!