F2 50% Dwarf Brums - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #11
e23robinson
Also if you can point me in the direction of more dwarf Burm info it would be appreciated. Most sources I found lead back to the same caresheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 PM   #12
Krj-2501
I have found that a lot of the best info on Dwarf and Half Dwarf Burms tends to come from the UK. This is at least partly due to the Burm ban by the Lacey Act - as a lot of smaller burm breeders who had dwarfs or half dwarfs before the ban - actually got out because of that ban.

In the UK they have F3 & F4 Dwarf Burms which tend to have a temperament more like that of mainland burms. One of the best care sheets for Dwarf Burms I have found online is - from Snakes N Adders on YouTube. The 1st in his intermediate series - is on the Dwarf Burmese Python. It is a little over 9 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O2...hJUtEE&index=2

Also Bob Clark has a video on taking eggs from a couple of Dwarf Burm females. And he still sells pure Dwarf Burms.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #13
Krj-2501
BTW - nice looking Dwarf male and ball python.

As far as addition information on Dwarf & half dwarf Burms - most of the information I have found tend to be in little information nuggets from either older forum posts or videos. These usually come from fairly in depth online searches.

Also I would also suggest - if possible try to find breeders either in the US or UK and talk to them through online media. Often these breeder can give you some first hand info from them, even if they no longer breed them.

Old 09-18-2018, 03:21 PM   #14
e23robinson
https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/foru...are-sheet.html

This is the most informative guide on progschai that I found. And I watched those videos many times. Mine is mostly calm. He freaked out when I did the comparison pics. He didn't like being around the ball.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #15
Krj-2501
Glad to hear he is calm. What generation is he? Or is he mostly calm because you have worked/held him quite a bit?

As for the care sheet - I have seen that one as well. I actually think their basking temps may be a bit too low.

Here is another care sheet I found - which has a slightly higher basking temps.

https://melamineadvantage.wordpress....us-bivittatus/

Old 09-19-2018, 05:52 AM   #16
e23robinson
Not sure of the generation. Got it from a friend. Supposed to be from Bob Clark stock. From what I hear about their temperament he was already calm. I handle him daily, more than once if possible. Trying to work on his cage defensiveness.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
Krj-2501
Well - I know that Bob Clark currently sells F1 & F2 pure Dwarfs. I am not sure about anything beyond that. Still the F2s are known to sometimes tame/calm down enough to be handled on a regular basis. If your friend breed him from Bob Clark stock - then he could even be an F3, which would be even better.

As for the cage defensiveness - that is something that I have heard many pure dwarfs tend to have, even the relatively calm ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!