Luis Taracena (HERPHOBBIEST) Bad Guy Buyer Beware - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 AM   #81
Bill_Leverton
Sorry to anyone with good eye sight. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 PM   #82
Wilomn
You know looie, it would not only be the right thing, but in the long run, the easier thing, to just refund the money YOU OWE.

You KNOW you shouldn't have shipped that snake.

REFUND HER MONEY!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #83
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterreptiles
People who also know Me will tell you that the snake died and I was very upset about that/ More than being upset about the money. When I received it and saw that it has a RI problem it was isolated and the heat was immed raised. The snake died so fast.
A week is fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterreptiles
After a week of watching the snake daily, the respitory problem seemed to get worse. It would not eat at all. The snake was going downhill. I tried repeatedly to contact Luis and he never returned my emails or phone calls.
Apparently the snake hung in there for more than a week. And in all this time all you did was try to contact Louis, the scumbag who doesn't care one way or the other about you or the snake, instead of contacting a vet.

You did not do the right thing. And you are now lying about how long it took for this animal to expire from the RI.

A week or two for an animal to die from an RI is not fast. It is a slow slow death.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #84
Wilomn
Chuck, while you are right in YOUR view about her not doing the right thing, not gettting the snake to a vet, she may not, also correctly, have felt obligated to treat a snake that she did not feel was hers.

Had she spent hundreds on treatment, whether it lived or died, she would have also been out that money. This was not a family pet, it was a breeder, a business purchase.

Yes, it's a shame she didn't get it to a vet, but that does NOT make her wrong or a bad person.

looie IS a bad person as well as wrong for shipping the snake and lying about her knowing his TOS.

Old 10-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #85
Dennis Hultman
I can’t find cached pages for his picture site but I checked out the picture albums a couple of days ago. I can't state for certain If the terms were up but I don't recall seeing them. I was busy at the time checking out his bothrops aspers and wondering when they changed the laws in AZ.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:02 PM   #86
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Yes, it's a shame she didn't get it to a vet, but that does NOT make her wrong or a bad person.

I never said she was a bad person. She's probably a great person. Just not a person I would want to be around if I were a snake she didn't want with an RI.

I'm not looking at this from a business perspective as you can tell. I'm just looking at things from the point of the animal and what its needs were at the time. Its obvious to me its medical needs far exceeded its actual monetary value.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #87
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I never said she was a bad person. She's probably a great person. Just not a person I would want to be around if I were a snake she didn't want with an RI.

I'm not looking at this from a business perspective as you can tell. I'm just looking at things from the point of the animal and what its needs were at the time. Its obvious to me its medical needs far exceeded its actual monetary value.
That I can understand.

Sometimes, when seen from a purely business/cost perspective, you have to cut your losses.

See what you caused to happen looie? If you had done as she wished, as she TOLD you to, she would never have had that snake to begin with.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #88
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
That I can understand.

Sometimes, when seen from a purely business/cost perspective, you have to cut your losses.

See what you caused to happen looie? If you had done as she wished, as she TOLD you to, she would never have had that snake to begin with.
I just hope Debbie can understand how I feel the way you do.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #89
ravensgait
Chuck I think most if not all of us understand how you feel about it but is it really necessary to keep beating her up over it?? Yeah it sucks that the snake died and had it lived I doubt we'd have this thread. As cold hearted as it seems at times the BOI is more for the business side of things.

Now most of us are aware that Luis is a scumbag and just taking all this on face value he looks to owe her money. But she hasn't provided proof(unless I missed it) that the snake was sick or even died. Which would be irrelevant if the Buttwheat had done as was requested by not shipping the snake!!!

Luis no responsible business person would ship something after the buyer contacted them and told them not to ship!! I can't understand why anyone even still does business with you, you're a skid mark on the Reptile business that needs to be cleaned up. Get the lady a new snake or her money back and if it were me I'd just want money from you. Randy

Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #90
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Chuck I think most if not all of us understand how you feel about it but is it really necessary to keep beating her up over it?? Yeah it sucks that the snake died and had it lived I doubt we'd have this thread. As cold hearted as it seems at times the BOI is more for the business side of things.

Now most of us are aware that Luis is a scumbag and just taking all this on face value he looks to owe her money. But she hasn't provided proof(unless I missed it) that the snake was sick or even died. Which would be irrelevant if the Buttwheat had done as was requested by not shipping the snake!!!
I don't see myself as beating her up over it at all. I'm just seeing this situation in the senseless death of this animal. Wes has been kind enough to explain to me the business side of things and I completely get what he's saying. But Debbie hasn't offered an explanation as to why this animal had to die and for whatever the reasoning. Unless of course I missed it.

Ya know so...maybe I'm using the BOI to determine if I want to do business with a business that would allow an animal to die to simply cut the losses. Maybe I'm hoping to hear she actually did take the snake to a vet and is the sort of person that I would be happy to do business with sometime down the road.

Certainly I don't need anyones permission to utilize this thread in a way to help my decision making process, do I Randy?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!