ScottsSerpents False advertisment.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
skunklver18
Thumbs down ScottsSerpents False advertisment..

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=10&page=5

I have never used this before, but just wanted to warn people. I was interested in buying is 7 ball pythons and as it says in the add for $150 shipped. So I asked him if they were still available, and he emails me back and says yes, but they are $200. So im def not buying from him. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but thanks and have a great 4th of July weekend!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
HerpLuver
Stephanie, i can understand your frustration. Maybe he realized that shipping was going to cost more than he had expected or something. Cause im imagining the price from Fed Ex would be close to 60 if not more. Did he explain why he changed it to $200 instead of the original advertised price of $150 shipped?

Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
The Reptile House
I've also noticed some price changes on his boas on a different add site as well? Who knows, just thought I would pass along this info. Shanell.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
ScottsSerpents
skunklver18 You called me trying to low ball me the price is $150.00 + $50 Shipping as stated on the ad. I always list different prices on Fauna and KingSnake lots of my Fauna custermers are local. I always work out a deal with local people so I dont have to ship!

skunklver18 FYI you only post here if there is a major problem. Not because you tried lowballing me and did not get your way.

Old 07-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
ScottsSerpents
skunklver18 WATCH OUT! if you dont let her low ball you she will post on th BOI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunklver18
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=10&page=5

I have never used this before, but just wanted to warn people. I was interested in buying is 7 ball pythons and as it says in the add for $150 shipped. So I asked him if they were still available, and he emails me back and says yes, but they are $200. So im def not buying from him. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but thanks and have a great 4th of July weekend!
skunklver18 You called me trying to low ball me the price is $150.00 + $50 Shipping as stated on the ad. I always list different prices on Fauna and KingSnake lots of my Fauna custermers are local. I always work out a deal with local people so I dont have to ship!

skunklver18 FYI you only post here if there is a major problem. Not because you tried lowballing me and did not get your way.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
varnyard
Quote:
Description: Ball Pythons CB (7) total for $150.00

Born:2/18/06

All are great eaters mixed sexes!

Very tame

Great color and jungle like patterns!
Shipping cost: $50.00
Will trade for: ?
Telephone #: (818) 445 - 4849
I think were she got that the price is only $150.00 is in your ad. It says total price $150.00. The total price should have been $200.00.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I think were she got that the price is only $150.00 is in your ad. It says total price $150.00. The total price should have been $200.00.
I disagree. I see nothing wrong with his ad. If he had listed the total price as $200 and still had $50 listed as the shipping price then a reasonable person would assume they would need to pay $250 total. The OP failed to read or missed in the ad that shipping was going to cost $50. I also do not see anywhere in the ad that the price was $150 shipped as the OP has claimed in the original post.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
I disagree. I see nothing wrong with his ad. If he had listed the total price as $200 and still had $50 listed as the shipping price then a reasonable person would assume they would need to pay $250 total. The OP failed to read or missed in the ad that shipping was going to cost $50. I also do not see anywhere in the ad that the price was $150 shipped as the OP has claimed in the original post.
I see it just like you do, but I said I think were she got that the price is only $150.00 is in that ad. I know, the ad looks fine to me as well. But I was trying to see where she thought the total price was only $150.00.

Old 07-02-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
Chameleon Company
Hey Bobby,
I agree with you in that I can see where Stephanie might have been confused. I have to suggest that many others would read the ad and not be confused, and that the problem as such lies more with Stephanie, and not with Scott. But for Stephanie to take a minor confusion, which is largely her perception problem, and make it a negative BOI post, would rate an abuse of privilege to me. While Rich has opened things up more here, I wish he had a "60 day suspension" button, cause I would zap Stephanie with it. Sorry Steph, but some of us don't see the BOI is a wall to sling mud at, hoping something sticks.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
Neil Gubitz
Description: Ball Pythons CB (7) total for $150.00

I see where the confusion lies.... the line above says nothing about the Total Price of $150....

To reword that line, it should have said....

The TOTAL price of the SEVEN (7) ball pythons is $150 plus shipping....

Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!