ScottsSerpents False advertisment.. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #41
The Reptile House
What you forgot to see was that I he even changes his add prices on other sites as well. He also went and bashed steph on another thread started by him. He was not even professional enough to come forward and admit that he had made a mistake in presenting his add to begin with, instead he made a big deal that he was correct the whole time and it was Steph that was troubled! Give me a break, this guy should not be delt with for many reasons and we are glad that she brought this forward for all to be warned. In this business that we are all in together on in some way or another with our love of reptiles no matter how petty this person can be people in this industry just simply do not do business with the likes of them. To many people have been screwed over by people just like him in the past. He is defiantly one in my books as well as to stay away from! He chose to take this path and make himself a person not to deal with, that was his choice to do so and he will have to live with that. Shanell.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #42
ravensgait
Maybe I missed something but there two other threads about this by -timothy w. hurkmans and Terry Scott now Terry I can understand trying to cover his butt yet there is one by Tim and this is who? and has what to do with this? or is this Terry under another name?? ....Randy

Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #43
The Reptile House
Don't worry Steph your just fine, there is nothing that you ned to worry about. He has been called out by too many of us here and he lied from the start. He knows because he has not even been back! No wories, Shanell.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:06 PM   #44
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android
I am a bit weary about putting my full name and birth date on this forum. If I get warning points then let it be. If you want my name and want to speak to me PM me. I am an excellent people person. I deal with people everyday in my business. I know enough that when people make mistakes everybody knows (especially in my industry All I am saying is that when somebody is at fault for something you don't blacklist them and accuse them of bad business. I only say this because I'm sure that Scott has done good business in the past and you all cannot be so quick to judge. By the way you are legally allowed to change prices on items so long as you make the public aware of the new price. Stephanie, you cannot legally claim false advertisement unless you were injured as a result of the "deception". And I use the term deception very loosely.
I think you need to read a few hundred threads in the BOI here and come back to post when you realize the sort of people the industry has had to put up with the last few years. And she's not "legally" claiming jack squat, had you cared to read, she's just giving a heads-up... I know you were just dying to share your vast knowledge with us, but it's really not necessary. Just let the bad guys tie their own nooses and watch the show... they don't need an advocate.

BTW, you are REQUIRED to put your full name in your posts on the BOI, or you will simply be banned... it's not really something you get to decide. You might get away with warning points at first, be if you refuse to do it, they will ban you, your call.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #45
Mister Internet
*sigh*

Yes, there is a legal aspect to the CRIMINAL CHARGE of "False Advertisement". However, last I looked, this isn't a courtroom, and there is no judge present... however, we ARE a jury of peers, and it is BLATANTLY obvious, by virtue of the number and credibility of those who witnessed the prior wording of the ad, that he was attempting to make it seem as if his ad had always appeared in a certain wording when it had NOT. He posted an advertisement with false information... can we call it a false advertisement? We sure can, because that's what it was... doesn't mean we can TAKE HIM TO COURT AND PRESS CHARGES for "False Advertisement", but we're allowed to use those two words to paint the most descriptive picture of what happened.

She posted a "heads-up" that the seller posted FALSE information in an ADVERTISEMENT... the seller then LIED by claiming that the wording of the ad had never been "$150 SHIPPED". Several CREDIBLE members here witnessed that this was a BLATANT LIE, and an obvious attempt by the seller to backpedal. This is referred to as "bait and switch" in most industries.

You may continue to believe that until actionable, legal avenues are pursuable, a seller's practices are simply "bad business", but most of us here are content to send them packing before they ever have the chance to genuinely scam someone. The telltale signs are the same with EVERY scammer, and it's in everyone's best interests to target and eliminate sellers who, whether through ignorance or deception, have no idea how to run a business. To not do so would certianly be "bad business".

Old 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #46
ravensgait
Well Android I wonder why you come here to defend this person? You just joined, don't read the threads or don't understand what you've read. You can't follow simple posted rules, don't seem to mind when someone advertises one price but changes it when you contact them. You don't seem to be bothered by someone lying to the members of this board to try and cover their deception. Gee I hope you do post your name so I'll know not to ever contact you if you offer something for sale.

I think we need an IP check on this one. Randy

Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM   #47
skunklver18
Well what upsets me is that I never called him and him accusing me of doing so is lieing, I didnt lie about the stuff I said, I guess it was just to pettty to post on here, Whenever I do I business deal I always go through email, and if I have to call I have my bf call for me. I mean I know there is no proof but iam the shyest person ever and hate talking on the phone, even when I have to call up for bills, or call for anything I beg my bf to do it for me, he says I need to get a backbone, but I just get so nervous when talking on the phone... I dont know the point of this, but all im saying is, I never called him..

Old 07-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #48
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android
I am a bit weary about putting my full name and birth date on this forum.
Your birthdate is not required but your full name is. Anonymous posting is not allowed on the BOI.

Old 07-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #49
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reptile House
What you forgot to see was that I he even changes his add prices on other sites as well.
I have seen this alluded to a couple of times now. I dont see anything wrong with having different prices on different ads on different sites. Who cares if he is charging more on one site than on another. It is completely irrelevant in my opinion.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #50
The Reptile House
For the same reptiles. That's my point. So what's his true price? Why not list them at the same price on all the sites. He has some listed for this price and then somewhere else lowers/raises them to another price and so on. So what if you respond to one of his other adds somewhere else and say he has something listed for $100 but on another site completly same thing $75 but when you e-mail he goes right back to the higher price hince Stephanie's situation. if you have something for sale list the correct price, if you sell that item on a different site sell it for the same price, if you change a price on one site change it on all of them, it's quite simple he changed his rather fast on here! I have personally watched one of his other adds on another site constantly change price, I guess he just can not make up his mind but a constant price change back and forth warents caution for me. Shanell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!