Which chameleon has the longest lifespan? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
OwnerSince2010
Which chameleon has the longest lifespan?

I'm a snake owner, my girlfriend however absolutely fell in love with a veiled chameleon at the local petshop, I just barely persuaded her not to buy it (very fortunately, as it died a few days later). However, she's set on getting one. I have a... Problem? with getting attached to my animals. I saw the veiled had a life expectancy of 4-8 years... Are there any with significantly longer? Or is this about the expectancy for any chameleon? Thanks

Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
zerpda
lifespan

I think that the lifespan is about the same for all. Parsons may live a bit longer, but are much, much more expensive.

I can tell you I just bought 2 panther chameleons and I am very happy with them. They are very hardy, and the breeder is absolutely awesome to deal with. Not sure where you are located at, but chameleons 101, Eric Thompson, is 100% dependable, helpful, and available for any care questions.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
LauraB
The lifespan of any cham would largely depend upon it's history (and husbandry practices): whether it is a captive bred from a reputable breeder, flipped from a wholesaler, farmed or wild caught & imported & to whom.

Chams are particularly sensitive and some species have longer lifespans then others even in optimal condtions, from optimal breeders. I had a CB male Veiled that lived l little past 8 years.
That's pretty good even for CB common market cham coming from a reputable breeder.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Vegas Chad
5-Ish years is a good round about number. 2-3 more if you take really good care of it. Unless you want to pay for a XL LG or rare chameleon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!