reptibreeze vs exo terra screen terrarium - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
tortoiseman453
Question reptibreeze vs exo terra screen terrarium

For my senegal chameleon I was wondering what would be better a reptibreeze or an exo terra screen terrarium?

Old 09-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
tortoiseman453
Or

Or a flexarium

Old 09-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
LauraB
I've always used the all-aluminum open air style enclosures for my chams. I like a minimum of 36" tall enclosure for my adult Veileds and Panthers. I also like 2-door features. The bottom door is good for quick clean ups.

The terrariums look nicer, of course, but since substrate in a cham enclosure isn't recommended anyway and they don't come taller than 24" (I don't believe), I've always thought of them as better suited for different lizards than chams, but can see where they might maintain humidity better. 24" tall is the shortest recommended height for a small cham species.

Flexariums - never used one, but have heard they are flimsy, the zippers break easily, crickets can certainly chew through the nylon mesh and the mesh can melt as well. I believe you have to purchase a bottom tray separately.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
maggiemay1969
Whew! Relieved to hear of your reccommendation too Laura...Just got a gorgeous panther and have ordered the Repti Breeze for him....Cannot wait to get him set up in his new pad.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
maggiemay1969
Here are two pics of Wiley's new home. Went with the Repti-Breeze 18x18x36.....He seems to be thriving so far. Have 2 live plants (umbrella and jade), some fake/silk leaves and some fake/plastic leaves. Basking lamp in top corner and Repti-Sun UVA/UVB.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
maggiemay1969
WHOOPS, sorry!....Wish I had oriented the pictures correctly before I posted, but I think you can get the idea!.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!