veiled chameleon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
ReptiJones
veiled chameleon

Hey Ladies and Gentlement

A friend has offered to sell me a juv veiled chameleon. The cham comes with everything it needs (cage, lights, and habitat decor). Unfortunately, the cage is a ten gal terrarium with a topper. So, it would be okay for now but my question for you is, when would i need to buy the adult cage? They want 75 OBO for it, which is a good deal bc they include over three lights that are almost worth the 75 lol. However, I don't have the funds to just drop another hundred dollars for a cage in a week or two. So please give me any advice that could help me decide what i should do!

Thanks so much!
Bryce(:

Old 07-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptiJones View Post
Hey Ladies and Gentlement

A friend has offered to sell me a juv veiled chameleon. The cham comes with everything it needs (cage, lights, and habitat decor). Unfortunately, the cage is a ten gal terrarium with a topper. So, it would be okay for now but my question for you is, when would i need to buy the adult cage? They want 75 OBO for it, which is a good deal bc they include over three lights that are almost worth the 75 lol. However, I don't have the funds to just drop another hundred dollars for a cage in a week or two. So please give me any advice that could help me decide what i should do!

Thanks so much!
Bryce(:
All depends on age. We move our adult males to a 24x24x48 at 5-7 months of age depending on size and females to 18x18x36 at around the same age.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
ReptiJones
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
All depends on age. We move our adult males to a 24x24x48 at 5-7 months of age depending on size and females to 18x18x36 at around the same age.
Yeah, that is what i was worried about. what cages do you use for your chams? I'm thinking on, if i get her, a reptarium from bigappleherp.com but im not sure lol

Btw thanks for your information! it helped!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptiJones View Post
Yeah, that is what i was worried about. what cages do you use for your chams? I'm thinking on, if i get her, a reptarium from bigappleherp.com but im not sure lol

Btw thanks for your information! it helped!
I use the aluminum screen cages at LLLReptile.com or diycages.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chameleon