Why cant I find these locales of panthers? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
The Knobtail
Question Why cant I find these locales of panthers?

I'm looking for young unrelated pairs of nosy mitsio and ankaramy panthers. I remember a few years ago I saw them everywhere! Now they are so scarce! Let me know if you guys know where I can get some . PS is anyone else not really that impressed with the nosy falys? To me they look like nosy bes with a little more red.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
The Knobtail
no input from anyone?

Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Texas Ranger
Falys are my fav. I have 2 F1 breeding pairs and its not just a little more red they have a lote of white background color and blue or green bars with red rain nothing like a nosy be. and on the other 2 locals I have a few buddys working with them nothing ready yet but the reason why you do not see them that musch is they are on the far side of maddy and by the time they get to the states most are dead or in really bad shape so its hard to get all 3 of the locals in good shape for breeding.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
Texas Ranger

Old 05-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #5
Texas Ranger
Nothing like a nosy be.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
The Knobtail
I see. Those are definitely a much better representation than what I have seen! They do look good. As far as the other locales go, thanks for explaining that, it makes more sense that they are more scarce. I'd still really like to get a pair of nosy mitsio and ankaramy panthers, but those nosy falys are startng to grow on me Thanks for the reply! As you see you're the only one that did!

Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
Texas Ranger
Thanks for the compliments. I bet the "Falys" you have seen were not actuall Falys. They were Nosy Be's and Ambanja's. This has been happening alot latetly. Due to the rareity and popularity of the falys. People are passing off Nosy be's and Ambanja's as Falys. One of my freinds was just mis sold a panther as a Faly. Its not. So we have to be very careful when getting falys.

Ibleedcolors had a Ankaramy for sell on here. I dont know if he still does or not. But you could PM him. With Nosy Mitsio's you may have to go threw Chameleon Nation in Canada. A fish and game license will have to be done to import from Canada. But mostly there is not many Nosy Mitsio's that are CB. You may come across a WC. But make sure its a Adult so you can see if the local is right. But if its a female there is a big risk. You may not get the local you pay for. As they dont have any differences.

I could get you Falys. But it will be a while. I have tons of eggs in the incubator. But they take some time to hatch.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:48 AM   #8
dlegare
Rare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houss View Post
I'm looking for young unrelated pairs of nosy mitsio and ankaramy panthers. I remember a few years ago I saw them everywhere! Now they are so scarce! Let me know if you guys know where I can get some . PS is anyone else not really that impressed with the nosy falys? To me they look like nosy bes with a little more red.

The Ankaramy phase/color morph or whatever they are considered don't appear to breed well in captivity. They may be Mule crosses of two other color variations of Panther Chameleons or possibly they have slightly different incubation requirements. Sevareal breeders in the US attemtped to start breeding colonies with very little if any success.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Killer Chams
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlegare View Post
The Ankaramy phase/color morph or whatever they are considered don't appear to breed well in captivity. They may be Mule crosses of two other color variations of Panther Chameleons or possibly they have slightly different incubation requirements. Sevareal breeders in the US attemtped to start breeding colonies with very little if any success.
Anks arent mules or crosses. They are a normally recognized locale just like falys and mitsios ambanjas, etc... I am currently working with both mitsios & falys. The anks are similar to the mitsios in that they have a brief breeding window each yr. Its because of the area on the island they are found.
And there are several US breeders that HAVE had success breeding them. One right off the top of my head is Screamelsons, the other Kaleidoscope had some cb babies last yr.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!