About the down time last night (02-27-2019) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:45 PM   #11
JColt
I've heard good things about cloud Linux as a server os. Stable and lightweight. Haven't played with it though. Playing around with Linux mint at home though.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 AM   #12
WebSlave
The server guys have been touting the increased security that OS offers. They seem to be real big on that aspect of server management.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #13
WebSlave
The OS change is supposed to take place on Sunday, 03/24 at 2am GMT-7. Whenever the heck THAT is.

Anyway, try not to be creating posts or new threads at that time, as when the server is brought down, everything you are in the middle of will likely be lost.

Hopefully when I roll out of bed everything will be running OK. If not, well, I might just go back to bed and stay there.

Old 03-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #14
bcr229
GMT-7 is Pacific Time in the US.

So, 0200 hours on the west coast and 0500 hours on the east coast this Sunday.

Old 03-22-2019, 02:25 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
GMT-7 is Pacific Time in the US.

So, 0200 hours on the west coast and 0500 hours on the east coast this Sunday.
Yeah, but my server guys have an office in Arizona, which I thought was Mountain Time. And to complicate matters, it appears that much of Arizona does not recognize DST. So I'm going to bed no later than 4am EST, and not worrying about what time it may be anywhere else in the world.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #16
WebSlave
Well, we are on the new OS, and so far I haven't seen nor heard of any problems as a result.

Old 03-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #17
JColt
I'm sure you already know but extremely slow and has timed out a few times today. Hopefully just a hiccup!

Old 03-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #18
WebSlave
Actually I just got back in from being out of town all morning. Got some errors logged that I passed on to the server folks. Sure do wish they had been monitoring this sort of stuff themselves and reacted accordingly to the problems. The errors indicate some sort or resource allocation problem, so maybe some setting just needs to be tweaked.

According to the error log I got, problems began at 9:00am EST. Of course, that was exactly the time I hit the road to run out of town.

Oddly enough the site seemed real slow to me as soon as I logged on here, but now seems to be running fine. So not sure what happened.

So we'll see. Hopefully I won't have to roll back to the old OS. That would mean a rebuild of everything, and likely mean we would be down for a while.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #19
JColt
yes much quicker now!

Old 03-25-2019, 03:12 PM   #20
WebSlave
Seems darn odd that the problems would start exactly when I left the house, and then corrected itself right when I got back. Or is that just my forcibly repressed paranoia kicking up?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!