Inquiry on Michael Beltran in Clovis, CA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Boavoyage
Inquiry on Michael Beltran in Clovis, CA

I am looking forward to do some business with Mr. Beltran. Just want to find out if anyone had done business with him, and what's your experience? Thanks

Old 02-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
Boavoyage
At this time, I have decided not to follow the transaction with Mr. Beltran. Attached are our emails during the transaction (his are in red,and mine are in black), so at least you can make your own decision if you want to do business with Mr. Beltran.

Quote:
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:29:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Emerald Boas
To: "Johnny Nguyen" <jlnguyen74@yahoo.com>

i do have pairs left call me at 209-658-3596
mike

Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:30:30 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Emerald Boas
To: "Michael Beltran" <beltran1381@yahoo.com>
CC: mikeb@elite.net

Mike,
Thanks for your response. I want one pair. Are they imported, or captive bred? If they are imported, how long have they been in your care? Are treated for internal/external parasite? How are their feeding? Do they have any health problem? Do you have any picture that you may email me? What shipping company/shipping method do you use? How much would it cost for a pair including shipping cost to California, zip code 90640? Thanks
John

To: "'Johnny Nguyen'" <jlnguyen74@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Emerald Boas
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:35:41 -0800

These Emeralds are imports and they have been in my care for 10 days. Most of them have all eaten and are in good health. It would cost 35 shipping to your door for one adult pair would be 385 shipped. Let me know how many you want
mike

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:38:38 –0800

I guarantee all of the snakes that you buy from me. If they have something wrong with them that I missed you must let me know with in 24 hrs of receiving them to send them back for a full refund. QUALITY is always FIRST . I take pride in what I sell

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:55:34 -0800 (PST)
To: "Mikey" <mikeb@elite.net>

Mike,
Thanks for your response. I will take a pair. Do you accept Post Office Money Order as form of payment? If you do, may I have your mailing address, and whom should I make the M.O payed to? Thanks
John

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:32:31 -0800

John ,
I do accept Postal MO If you want to do a M.O. mail $385 to

Michael Beltran
XXXX Calimyrna Ave
Clovis, Ca 93611

Thank you mike

PS Sorry about the email I sent just a couple min ago

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 18:19:33 -0800 (PST)

Mike,
Thanks for your prompt response. Do you happen to have any picture that you can email me? Also, do you have any reference? Thanks
John

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:05:56 –0800

John,
I have been in the reptile business for about 5 years and have just started using the internet to do more dealings. I did this because I can order more stuff from my supplier and get it for a less expensive price making it a lot less expensive to you and other customers. I do not have any pics of the emeralds right now. I am hoping to be getting a digital camera so that I can take pictures of all my animals when I go to sell them. Thank you for your patience in that.
Mike

Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:27:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your response. I checked and found out that you are about 4 hours from where I live. I plan to pick them up, if you don't mind. Do you have a store? If not, what would be the good time to meet?

Thanks
John

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 07:01:02 -0800

John,
I am a Junior, My father is the one that is four hours from where you live and he is the person who helped me get this whole thing started. I live and work at my store in Palm City, Florida. Sorry for the confusion. I have some family in that area and most all reptiles are legal to sell from here. Whereas in California I know that they have a lot of restrictions on selling different things.
Thank You
Mike

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:25:12 -0800 (PST)

Mike,
Thanks for your response. Actually, that would be better. May I know the name of your store, and the address. I have an uncle live in Deefield Beach, and two aunts live in Orlando and Miami. Either one of their son, my cousin, can come and pick them up, then ship them to me. Just let me know whom should he contact when he is there. I will have him pay at the store. Thanks
John

Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 07:37:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mike,
I'm not sure if you get my response last time. May I have the name and address of your store in Palm City, Florida? I could have my cousin comes to pick them up and pay you at the store. Thanks
John

Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:23:21 –0800

John,
My store in Florida is a big warehouse and I only ship from there I do not do sales directly to the public from there. The Boas are shipped at actual shipping cost I do not charge a handling fee at all. So as soon as I get the 385 mailed I can ship them out.
Thank You,
Mike

Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:29:08 -0800 (PST)

Mike,
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if I can send you the money, because I can not verify any of your information, or you can provide me any reference. By the way, the phone number you provided has an area code of (209) which indeed is from California, and you said you're in Florida while your dad is in California. If I call the number, would I speak to your dad or to you? I appreciate your time, and I am sorry that I cannot continue this transaction. It's too many scammer going on now.
John

Old 02-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
gmherps
Way to go John.
You did the necessary leg work to not not get burned.

Thanks for posting here.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
hhmoore
[b]here's my 2 cents worth on this subject...this is an IM interaction that just took place between Mike and I:
MBulldogs313 (7:16:47 PM): you want oranges and yellows
MBulldogs313 (7:17:21 PM): i have both and they are beautiful
hhalmknb (7:17:31 PM): yes - do you have pics available?
MBulldogs313 (7:17:59 PM): no i do not at the present time
hhalmknb (7:18:47 PM): so, I was just looking at the stuff about you on the boi...what is that about?
MBulldogs313 (7:19:00 PM): i make sure that all the anmals are very healthy but i am so swamped with getting out orders and stuff it is hard for me to get pics alot of the time
MBulldogs313 (7:19:19 PM): whats BOI
hhalmknb (7:20:20 PM): faunaclassifieds board of inquiry. here:http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ichael+Beltran
MBulldogs313 (7:23:48 PM): i do my stuff through a guy in florida who has never let me down. i only go off of what he has told me about the animals. i have ordered from him and all the animals have been great
hhalmknb (7:24:34 PM): so, you don't actually have these amazons?
<communication ended with no response>
...buyers beware

Old 02-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
hhmoore
* note: communication ended there, as michael stopped responding

Old 02-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
gmherps
Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks for the info!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!