Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 58 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #571
wyldwurm
Apparently it's getting harder for them to conceal their lies. The first photo was posted on their page by the programmer Marty Kerstetter. It clearly shows customers IP addresses. In the second photo, he claims that he never posted customer information and would not. The screenshots tell differently.

Photo above highlights an IP which Marty accused of cheating on Ballbids. He stated it was one of the "say no" facebook member page. When traced, it belonged to one of BallBids customers and NOT to anyone on the "Say NO to Ballbids" facebook page!

Simply put, they cannot even keep up with their own lies. If he posts this information in a public venue, it's really not hard to believe that he would also post more personal information.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #572
lonewolfrider
Mike and Kim, you two are a bit late on all of this and your really digging for something to complain about. And Mike Reed, anybody can see what you are trying to do by misinforming as to what was said on my post. Its right there, read it. Trying to just stir up things by misinformation since you don't have anything else to Bash Ballbids about. Get a life man. Go look at your page where this was addressed. Or have you deleted another of my factual posts which gives truthful information? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ballb...22983097740784

Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #573
lonewolfrider
It is still there. Maybe you can't find it so that is why it wasn't deleted. It is the top post on the right. Under Recent posts by others.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #574
gonzoone
I posted the screenshot of what you said Mark. After all the negative comments I have seen here you claim there are no "High Quality Breeders" speaking out against your son. I need to get a life? At least I'm waging my own debate and not letting my Daddy do my fighting for me. Your son is an adult, at least by age, why won't you let him suffer the consequences of his own actions? It's actually pretty pathetic the way you watch all the forums for anybody daring to speak about your little boy.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #575
gonzoone
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfrider View Post
It is still there. Maybe you can't find it so that is why it wasn't deleted. It is the top post on the right. Under Recent posts by others.
I've told you several times, I'm only deleting links to Marty's tired MKI site. I only hate that FB automatically deletes Marty's offensive rants every time I ban him. How is screenshotting your words misinformation? You are the one that said it, I am simply putting it where the ones you insulted can see it. You keep accusing us of lying but the 3 of you are the ones that keep denying saying things and getting caught in lies.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #576
gonzoone
And by the way, thanks for directing more traffic to my page.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #577
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
DoS Attacks can be done, but need many people to run it on one site to casue it to flood the server.

Most BIG sites like google, or banks and so on are hosted on many servers, to reroute traffic to stop these, but even then when you have 1000+ ppl DoS one server, even the best cant stop the flood.

BallBids Skimped out on service, plain and simple.
It only takes one pc for a DoS attack and it is easy to deny service. DDoS would require multiple systems and like you said even the big dogs are not immune. (Distributed Denial of Service)

To you point it would be simple for one person on a crappy computer to take down ballbids with a DoS attack with little knowledge or skill. OWASP "Slow Post" tool comes to mind. Keep in mind it is illegal to use the tool against a site without permission.

Even the best service plan will not save you , multiple systems , Intrusion Prevention , load balancers , Website settings to prevent slow posts and slow reads , etc will protect you.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #578
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post

Even the best service plan will not save you , multiple systems , Intrusion Prevention , load balancers , Website settings to prevent slow posts and slow reads , etc will protect you.
I take this back , the best service plan should include this stuff...

Old 08-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #579
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
It only takes one pc for a DoS attack and it is easy to deny service. DDoS would require multiple systems and like you said even the big dogs are not immune. (Distributed Denial of Service)

To you point it would be simple for one person on a crappy computer to take down ballbids with a DoS attack with little knowledge or skill. OWASP "Slow Post" tool comes to mind. Keep in mind it is illegal to use the tool against a site without permission.

One Computer sending DoS of 65500 in packets will not cause the disruption they are experiencing. If it was a DoS attack, they would know right off the bat with the server log, block that ip from accessing the site.

Not to Mention, When I did this stuff in College it took 48 DoS attacks in our Forensics class to crash the schools site(per professors approval).

With what they provided, and then seeing their IP server log, Nothing stands out that its a DoS attack. Just IMO they are not running a quality server to handle the software real time update

Old 08-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #580
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
One Computer sending DoS of 65500 in packets will not cause the disruption they are experiencing. If it was a DoS attack, they would know right off the bat with the server log, block that ip from accessing the site.

Not to Mention, When I did this stuff in College it took 48 DoS attacks in our Forensics class to crash the schools site(per professors approval).

With what they provided, and then seeing their IP server log, Nothing stands out that its a DoS attack. Just IMO they are not running a quality server to handle the software real time update
Slow Post looks like a normal connection , IDS does not pick it up and nothing there will alert . Looks like a lot of very slow connection. In logs looks like normal traffic. Easy to move from one PC to another.

I know I am getting a little crazy but to be honest I was excited to see someone talking about DoS... LOL ! I am an IT Security Analyst and am training to be an ethical hacker (Penetration Tester) ... Not often my two worlds collide.

IMO , there are no attacks occurring on ballbids

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp