Is the Fall From Grace fatal to the Good Guy Certs? - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: What do you think...?
Good Guy Certification is irrevocably destroyed by the "Bad Guy" actions 2 4.88%
Good Guy Certification doesn't mean anything. 10 24.39%
I don't think anything has changed. 6 14.63%
I think that the Good Guy Certification program is just great. 2 4.88%
The Good Guy Certification Program has DONE IT'S JOB 20 48.78%
The Good Guy Certification Program is the best part of the BOI 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2005, 03:53 AM   #171
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirenofthestorm
What post number was that, Dennis? Its late, and I've had a long day.

I again should have been obvious and explicit and stated that until the evidence that the same snake was in both pictures, he was treated differently. Please excuse the oversight.

#208 I did not post the whole thing here but if you like, I can.

I had this one on the first page too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Bill maybe you can help Lee by telling him the origin of your snake.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:57 AM   #172
sirenofthestorm
Thanks I appreciate it, I will try to look at the thread again more carefully another day, I am done waiting up to take an online quiz for class and now its time to sleep.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:05 AM   #173
PaulSage
Quote:
That's an impossible situation. Memory is fallible, people interpret things differently, there is no way to ever KNOW whether someone is lying 100% without inferring things from available evidence and comparing it to someone's story. There aren't little video cameras capturing everyone's every move and thought, and until then people will have to make reasonable assumptions about what is and is not credible evidence and base their decisions on that.
I agree. So then why is it that you say they were defending Bill before he admitted to what he did?

Ya know what, forget it. Usually I have great comprehension skills, but it seems to me that you've been talking yourself in circles, and I can't make sense out of your word choice or justifications.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:11 AM   #174
WebSlave
Quote:
I think if you had deleted the thread for the reasons you stated, a paying member could have posted it in the BOI in a more articulate manner, correct?
Yes, someone certainly could have done that. But would they have? Beats me.

Quote:
And I think its been made clear that there was no changing of the rules, but rather that the understanding of who could and could not vote on GGC had changed. The instructions that you wrote stated that people should vote after business transactions. Jim pointed that out in the nerd thread to david and told him that a withdrawl of his negative vote was in order since he did not conduct a business transaction with them (it was the vote that led Jim O. to assume that david was a disgruntled customer). Then when people who had not done business with Bill Leverton started voting on his GGC poll, some people sought clarification of what was and was not allowed in the GGC polls. The registered members were again not allowed to vote, and it was interpreted by some people as trying to curtail registered members from voting negatively against a big breeder. You said that is not the case, and there's really nothing else to be said on the subject. No one knows your motivations except for you, and we have to take you at your word.
Where exactly IS that quote coming from stating about people voting after business transactions? I see it quoted, but darn if I can remember where it was original posted. Evidently other people can find it at will, however.

While certainly the Bill Leverton situation called my attention to the problem I had possibly created by allowing open access to the polls in that section, I never considered that anyone would think I was tightening it back up in an effort to protect Bill. I wouldn't know him if I fell over top of him, so sorry about that, I have no reason whatsoever to side either with him or against him in any issue whatsoever. Is Bill considered as a "big breeder"? Or is this about NERD again?

Speaking of NERD, I can't recall speaking even one word to anyone from NERD at all, for any reason. So I really have no reason at all to try to protect them, nor would I, even if they were my best friends. I really have no incentive whatsoever to do so. I have not stepped in to protect any of the biggest advertisers on this site, nor anyone who has paid money in any form for anything having to do with this site at all. I have fined and suspended advertisers, I have refused to delete posts that they found objectionable, and I have always treated them just like everyone else. I have LOST advertisers because I have not done what they wanted me to do for them, that I felt would call my ethics into question by doing so. Heck, we have a perfect example RECENTLY of my banning one of the biggest advertisers on this site at that time, knowing full well I would lose his advertising and his top level membership fee by doing so.

Neither Bill Leverton nor NERD are, or have ever been, advertisers on this site. Maybe if they were spending $100K per year here I might turn a blind eye to something that was questionable, but that just is not the case. Sorry, but I can't be bought for the price of a measly membership fee.

Anyway, sorry, but there were no motivations on my part beyond what I have stated here. I REALLY was mostly away from all of the BS on this site during that week I was gone. Matter of fact, if it hadn't been but for one of my mods calling things to my attention concerning the Bill Leverton thread, I wouldn't have even noticed it at all. Dennis Thomas posted a message stating that he had deleted Bill Leverton's BOI GGC thread, and THAT got my attention that something was unwinding that I needed to take a look at.

Sorry, it's late, and I am just not going to proof read this post. Please excuse any fumbled sentence structure.........

Old 07-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #175
ms_terese
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Quote:
I don't know how I came across as convinced that I am or am not a part of any website's success, or if you were speaking only of your experiences, in which case I apologize for interpreting you the wrong way.
Whit, I realize this was posted a dozen or so pages ago, but it seems that while I was flying over a few states this evening there was some sort of posting spree~

Anyway, I wasn't insinuating anything about you or your relevance. I was commenting on my lack of passion in debating the issues surrounding forums these days. Sorry if it came across as snide, that wasn't my intention.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #176
Lucille
Quote:
One last thing, thanks for the offer of help Lucille, but my school has a very strict plagiarism policy and it boils down to I have to use my own thoughts and "knowledge" or else I can and will be failed and expelled.

I tried to extend the hand of courtesy, to let you know that if you needed help, we would be here for you. Here is what I wrote to you yesterday evening:

"Whitney, get a nice snack and get comfy in front of your computer, and do your assignment, email us if you need help, between all of us someone will be able to lend a hand, and we can chat more when you return here."

How you got from there to the concept of plagiarism, I have no idea. There is a huge gulf between helping out a little by talking about ideas and concepts, to what you are saying.
When my kids were little, I would always say things like 'try the library' or 'have you read this particular book'.

I am **puzzled** by why you would even bring it up, or how you got from my general friendly offer of help to what you wrote.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #177
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Again about NERD. I do not know what happen after my last post in that thread, because once he said it was not his problem to back up his accusations I lost all interest in hearing anything else he had to say and did not return to the thread.
If you couldn't figure out just from looking at the pictures that what they did was 100% wrong, then I feel for you. If it was Joe Blow standing there with venomous snakes in hand with people all around, you and every other person who seems to live here would be spewing so many posts it would be unbelieveable. But no, people either let it go or say they don't like what they see in the pictures. Hypocrites.

Quote:
And personally, I do not care if it is NERD, New Breeder On The Block, or my own flesh and blood. I call a spade a spade.
You didn't call a spade a spade after viewing incriminating pictures now did you?

Quote:
Right is right and wrong is wrong, who you are does not have any effect on that.
Right. That's what a hypocrite is, somebody who says one thing but does another. Your actions(or should I say inaction) say that you CONDONE what NERD did.
Quote:
And you wonder why TRR has a bad rep here? Because every month or two another one of you come over here spouting the EXACT SAME RHETORIC that the previous person was spouting.
Sorry just because I'm a member here and there doesn't mean anything. I have way more posts here than there so what's the relevance again? I'm also a member at NERDs site too. I didn't even know who the kid was posting those pictures and I did go check it out for myself and hopped over to NERDs site and saw for myself.

The way I see it most people over here don't give a rat's behind that NERD plays with their hots within inches of bystanders. If you weren't afraid to post it, you would. But all I see is everyone ganging up on people who did speak out against it. Hypocrites.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #178
Jim O
Quote:
The instructions that you wrote stated that people should vote after business transactions. Jim pointed that out in the nerd thread to david and told him that a withdrawl of his negative vote was in order since he did not conduct a business transaction with them
Actually, once again you need to get your facts straight. The following is post #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrcorn
Okay, I WAS WRONG on NERD supporting voids and saying they do so, I truely sorry to KAra and Kevin. Yes I should have contacted them first, as we all know being up late at night does help us make good choices. I am also sorry for aounding cocky as someone has mentioned.
Psst #61 was a spelling correction by David. Post #62 was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
A retraction of the "Bad Guy" at http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=65172 would also be in order
POst #63 reads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycorn
Okay, I WAS WRONG on NERD supporting voids and saying they do so, I truely sorry to KAra and Kevin. Yes I should have contacted them first, as we all know being up late at night does help us make good choices. I am also sorry for aounding cocky as someone has mentioned.
Now that my young friend, is showing some maturity.
And lastly, post #65
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Now that my young friend, is showing some maturity.
Yes it is. I am almost tempted to give him postive rep points for it.
So you see, my suggestion (not demand as some have accused me of) was in direct response to his apology and admission that he was wrong. I was reminding him that as long as he was apologizing that he should also take that action. Of course it was his choice, and one he made of his own free will. I suggest that since you are so interested in relating the factual history of that thread you actually read it yourself Whitney, rather than rely on what others may have told you. If you had done that you would actually know the factual basis for the apology I mentioned earlier in this thread. Actually, if you read this thread in its entirety it's in here too. In college I believe they call it referencing the original source material. At least they did when I got my degrees.

Oh, and do ask David if I gave him some positive Rep Points and told him he was a good guy, would ya?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:12 AM   #179
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
The way I see it most people over here don't give a rat's behind that NERD plays with their hots within inches of bystanders. If you weren't afraid to post it, you would. But all I see is everyone ganging up on people who did speak out against it. Hypocrites.
OK Karen, yet AGAIN
Quote:
What NERD did was as dumbass as it comes, but it does not rise to the level of "they cannot be trusted to give you what you pay for or to honestly do business with". It was dumb, some might call it criminal, but it in no way impugned, say, the value of a Ball Python or Blood Python that someone might buy from them. So, for the UMPTEENTH time, yes I am outraged at what I saw in those pictures (there Karen, I have said it YET AGAIN) but in my opinion it is not a reflection of their business ethics, just a reflection of bad judgement, perhaps stupidity.
Karen,
You are obviously insane or intentionally lying with your statement. Which is it?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:36 AM   #180
Sasheena
It's early, I doubt I can be as eloquent as normal...

Okay... regarding siren and the whole claim of favoritism etc.

I think that the biggest problem is that YOU determined Bill's guilt at some point PRIOR to his admission, and once YOU were certain he was guilty, you felt that people who did not share your belief were granting favoritism towards BILL. In actual fact (with perhaps one or two notable exceptions) NOBODY in Bill's thread gave him a shred of favoritism. Once he admitted his guilt, that was it, game over. I do think there was one post that was tongue-in-cheek speculating that perhaps he Didn't Do It... and his confession was some self-destruction mechanism, but in general, he wasn't treated any differently than anyone else who might do the same thing and make the same confession.

As far as the NERD thread goes, WebSlave says it should have been on the BOI, and if it had been, I might have read it and had an opinion on it. I did NOT read it, nor do I feel like going there because while I really HATE jerks who jeapardize our hobby, my small voice doesn't count for much, and the people with STRONG opinions are SO LOUD that they do the job just fine.

I think that emotions are high regarding the NERD thread more than the Bill thread, and are causing several people who I respect to act in a way that seems irrational... at least out of context of the now-closed-and-improperly-placed thread.. and this saddens me.

It's a good thing I put a time limit on this poll!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!