Bad Guy Rodent Pro - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Isn't that to certain areas? To Ny I think they are $20 for the dry ice and $25 for shipping. They also charge more on the very coast line.

Sorry,that the place in Fl. I'll look them up myself and see what deals they offer.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #12
Will0W783
I placed a Rodent Pro order a few months ago and received very nice, clean mice and rats that were the correct size. There's going to be some slight variation from any vendor- you can't get all the animals to the exact same size/weight, but I found RP to be pretty consistent, especially for the money.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by donrutlege View Post
This is not the first time they have had issues with sizes. I have not weighed these mice and the rats I got were fine. But when you lay a hopper next to a wean next to a Large adult and there is no discernable difference - something is wrong. And thawing it out may give you a better view, but it really does not make any difference. Look at the mouse and the tape. Does anyone think this is a LARGE ADULT? I don't.
they advertise large adult mice as 2.5"-3" in length; it looks to be about that size to me.
I have been using them for the past few years now without issue. The sizes do vary but always within the range they advertize.
My last rat fuzzies were a bit small so I requested they send larger ones on my current order (I will update when it arrives); other RP customers have mentioned that they are good about these sorts of size requests.
Overall customer feedback points towards great customer service so you may just try calling them and trying to work things out if you are not happy.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
Snakes Of Legend
I have never had a problem with Rodent Pro. The shipping is quick, the packaging is great and at least for rats they're appropriately sized.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #15
adamhardin
I can only speak about the rats from Rodent Pro. I have never had an issue. 30 bucks flat rate shipping as of this week. I just placed an order for 50(20 small, 20 medium, 10 large). $81 total. I don't know how this compares to other companies on the internet but it saves me hundreds from buying at the local Petco. The jumbos from Petco are size equivalent to the large I get from Rodent Pro.

I'd compare weights rather than length. That's how they sort the rodents.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #16
adamhardin
Addenum: They do advertise specific length parameters for each size but like buying hamburger or steak it makes sense to pay for weight rather than length.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #18
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I know all about it myself. It's been handled and fixed. They are no different than the meat companies recalling products,and we all still buy those brands after the recall.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:45 AM   #19
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhardin View Post
Addenum: They do advertise specific length parameters for each size but like buying hamburger or steak it makes sense to pay for weight rather than length.
Average length equals average weights. In most cases.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:05 PM   #20
snakehobbyist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I actually placed an order in May 2012 with Rodent Pro during the time of the outbreak. I had ordered over $100 in mice. When I found out about the outbreak from a local poster here on Fauna (and not from Rodent Pro themselves), I called up Rodent Pro and asked for a refund since I needed to replace my feeders. They denied a refund. I tossed the mice anyway (because I'm picky about what I feed my snakes) and took my business elsewhere. The fact that I was nor informed of the disease by the company itself and then not given a refund made me one very unhappy customer. That was my first and last time using Rodent Pro.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!