extremely dark beardies? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
OEdwards
eastern* lol sorry

Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
dden
I don't believe that is an Eastern Bearded Dragon, P. Barbata. It looks like a P. vitticeps...plus the picture is labeled "central bearded dragon", which is P. vitticeps...!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #13
HeatherN
oh, i agree kevin, that does look much more central that eastern, and from all the shots of wild vitticeps I've seen, they seem to be darker in the wild, but perhaps its their thermo regulation. for some reason, my paper white hypo girl would get that black in only natural sunlight, never knew why.
on topic though, i find that eastern dragons seem to be almost all black or blue-ish, including their sides and down their spine.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
jmp745
Well, besides the beard wrapping the head like I mentioned, there is also the yellow mouth which I've read is more of an eastern trait. And the ample side spikes which I've also read is an eastern trait. The side spikes even appear to go down his tail, which I haven't read about, so doesn't necessarily mean eastern, but leads me to think surely not central.

Its pretty cool looking regardless of what it is

Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #15
Uluru
heres a pic

Saved this awhile ago from another thread on black dragons. I would love to have a dragon this black!
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Uluru
On a side note- regarding the eastern beardies. I have talked to some breeders who think that there is eastern influence in the marketed leusistics. Due to some of them having bright yellow mouths. Not sure if its true but just a theory floating around.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
witblits
Uluru, that is the exact dragon i was talking about. Tjhat pic is a few years old now. Wonder what the dragon looks like now?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
pdragon
Uluru- is that dragon a transluscent? Some baby trans can be very dark, almost black.

Josh

Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #19
Uluru
Josh I didnt produce it. I saved the pic from a thread on black dragons from another forum. Its from awhile ago(maybe 2 yrs ago). I cant remember off hand if it was a trans or not, sorry.

Ive had trans that were really really dark almost black, but not as black as that one. I sold them before I had a chance to see how they developed . . .

Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
pdragon
No worries It looks trans, and the eyes also look dark. Some of the paradox transluscents will hatch really dark like that, and later turn a dark purple color with spots of red/orange/yellow.

Josh
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!