Good Guy Jay Frewer turtlesandtortoises.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
providencerhodeisland.ri
Jay Frewer turtlesandtortoises.com

I figured i would take a minute and post something about Jay Frewer.

What an awsome guy to deal with! He sells a ton of different species and EVERYTHING he sells is of the best quality, Hands down.
Ive spent thousands of dollars with him over the last few years and have always been satisfied...

Oh, and I have searched everywhere and his prices are just as amazing as the quality of turtles and tortoises he sells!

Dont hesitate to buy for Jay frewer at turtlesandtortoises.com, I Know there are other good turtle dealers, but i personally wouldnt buy from anyone else....I call him "my turtle guy"

Thanks jay, for a bunch of great experiences! Talk to you soon

Eddy from providence

Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
rgurley
Jay Frewer - Sick CHACO TORTOISES

ON THE OTHER HAND . . . One of the worst deals I've had in many years was with Jay Frewer.

He sold me eight Chaco Tortoises a few years ago that were sold to me as "heavy and alert", and sexed correctly as four pairs. They arrived here very light in weight, most with swollen eyes, and too small to sex accurately. He even told me on the phone that he was watching them eat in his backyard as we spoke. I later found out that he hadn't even picked them up from the importer in Miami until later that day. I worked tirelessly over the next couple of months and was able to save three of the eight.

I told Jay several times over the next few weeks that I was very disappointed in this group and that I was not a "newbie" and he should've just told me the truth about these tortoises' condition when he had them in his possession and not after he shipped them. I could have then made an informed decision to either take them or not.

I have been in this hobby for a very long time and once someone lies to me and/or burns me, I usually don't squawk about it too much but I do stop spending money with that person and I spread the word. I get many requests each month from people looking for unusual or high quality turtles and honest, trustworthy dealers. I have to say that by not making good on these Chacos, Jay has lost untold numbers of purchases by me and potential customers that are my friends and colleagues.

Russ Gurley

Old 11-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
providencerhodeisland.ri
Wow, thats crazy.....I just cant believe we are talking about the same person!
I cant imagine ever having a problem with him...

Sorry for your loss and its important to let people know about your experience.

I personally havent had any bad experiences with him, I always speak highly of him and always will.....but ill keep your experience in mind.......take care

Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
BambooTurtles
Bitter taste in my mouth

I ordered some Rhinoclemmys from Jay about four years ago. I told him I wanted 2.4 and he said he was able to fufill my order . They came in as 4.2 , I also had a second opinion to make sure my observation was correct . I was alittle annoyed needless to say . I did call him the next day to let him know it was incorrect sex ratio . Of course I would had to ship the two males back in exchange for two females . But honestly it wasn't worth the $75+ and headache . If Jay is " the turtle guy " and doesn't even know how to sex adult turtles ? I've had a few friends here in So Cali that ordered from him and was abit dissappointed as well .
He seems to have the unusual turtles / tortoises on his ads but as for me , it's just not worth another risk .

Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
kglreptiles
Not quite sure

My experiences with Jay consist of two transactions this past spring/summer with pancake tortoises. The first order was for 2.2, which arrived and appeared to be sexed correctly, although a little smaller than the ad stated.
The second transaction was for 1.2, which arrived, but appeared to me to be 2.1. I called Jay the day they arrived (Tuesday) to inform him of this and he seemed surprised and was apologetic. He stated he would send out a return shipping label for me to send 1 male back. When Saturday came with no label arriving, I called back and he stated it went out Friday. I waited a full week until the following Friday and it still hadn't arrived. When I called back, he said he didn't know what happened, but offered to send me another female at a discounted price. I figured that was my best option and accepted it. The female arrived and was acceptable. The label that was "in the mail" never did arrive. 2 of the tortoises from the first group have since died, but I know that is the risk of wild caught animals. I'm not sure if Jay has other employees helping him, but he made it seem that he was relying on others to select animals and send out the return label. These two transactions would make me hesitant to deal with Jay again.

Kevin Loewengruber

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!