Info My experience with Reptile Basics / Cold Blood Novelties - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #41
MikeCurtin
I have dealt with both Rich and Frank, and was very satisfied with customer service, price, and quality of both snakes and equipment purchased. I've never found either of these men to be arrogant in the least, although in today's society some folks confuse busy and short with rudeness.

I agree with Mike Russo insofar that it seems a reasonable offer has been made, despite alleged unnecessary rudeness, language, and threats from the buyer. If I had been spoken to by a customer in the manner described, I don't know if I could have been as gracious. Furthermore, if I did agree to a refund, I assure you that I would not cover return shipping.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #42
sheffernan13
Hey Rich,

This is Shaun, I have bought a couple of racks from you as well as you helping me with the heat tape. (Which I really appreciate and was able to get installed). Rich has been nothing but help to me and I would and will use him in the future....

Now to the post at hand......

I know Wes, he hangs out with us alot and I know all about this situation.
As for the tail kink....I took the picture and I hope Rich would not call me a lier but I know that is the snake that was sent.....

As for the other snake, it is very skinny and some what dehydrated, the skin is folding on itself alot all over it. I have had bulls in the past and I know that they are supposed to be round not shaped like a Woma Python.

I am not trying to say anything bad about anyone, like I said rich is a good guy to work with. At the same time I am going to at least stand up enough prevent Wes from looking like the bad guy completely.

I know that we all have our own opinions, I am just giving mine.

In everyones defense,
Shaun

Old 11-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #43
MikeCurtin
Nothing wrong with posting your account here, Shaun. This place is all about posting experiences and proof. There is nothing wrong with you backing up Wes' story.

Now, on the other hand, did Wes mention how he talked to and/or threatened Rich and Frank? Did he mention that he was offered a full refund? Did he give any reason as to why he is not willing to accept an offer to resolve this matter?

Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #44
sheffernan13
Yes he did, and I can't say that he was in the right, but at the same time I can't blame him. I know that anytime I pay money for a product from someone who is supposed to be reputable breeder I would expect a good snake regardless of pictures.

The kink would have been really hard to miss, you can tell just by looking at the pictures. I think the situation was handled poorly, I would have expected him to at least let Wes know that it had a kink.

I would had to agree with wes in that the snakes were way too skinny to ship with out the potential of killing them overnight. I just hope that neither suffers any longer in this nonsense.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #45
alexestrada17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheffernan13 View Post
Yes he did, and I can't say that he was in the right, but at the same time I can't blame him. I know that anytime I pay money for a product from someone who is supposed to be reputable breeder I would expect a good snake regardless of pictures.

The kink would have been really hard to miss, you can tell just by looking at the pictures. I think the situation was handled poorly, I would have expected him to at least let Wes know that it had a kink.

I would had to agree with wes in that the snakes were way too skinny to ship with out the potential of killing them overnight. I just hope that neither suffers any longer in this nonsense.
..you would be surprised if you saw some of the conditions that imported animals arrive ALIVE (I'm talking about WC imported animals)..not in good condition but they are alive...I'm sure the snakes pictured would have no problem being shipped back..it's just a lame excuse..just my 2 cents

Old 11-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #46
TattooLost
I'm sorry, but I'm just going to come out and say it. Too many similarities in writing style, and it's known to happen when someone needs "backing up" around here. IP check?

Old 11-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #47
whimpyguns
hi again,
i used the term arrogant....not confusing it with busy or short.....Frank posted the animals i was inquiring about the same day i called him, he was too busy at a show to sell me the snakes i wanted to purchase and pay for that moment. i called him after the show as he asked me to do, then told me he was too busy to look for the snakes "that he posted for sale"......i was told to wait until he showed up at the columbus ohio show to see what he had available. it is only a 2 hour drive to columbus, just to see if he has the animals i am trying to purchase.
i would compare this to a store advertising a sale/item with a limited quantity available at a specific price.....and the day they advertise, they close their store for a week or two. when you get in touch with them their response is.....i do not have time ......check later (by driving 2 hours) and then i may or may not have what you want.
Can any of Franks "defense" explain this in a manner that makes sense????? Why advertise something that you do not have time to sell???
Thanks to "Frank and friends/followers" in advance for enlightening me on this situation, please type slowly, i am not the brightest bulb in the basement.
mike

Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #48
TattooLost
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimpyguns View Post
hi again,
i used the term arrogant....not confusing it with busy or short.....Frank posted the animals i was inquiring about the same day i called him, he was too busy at a show to sell me the snakes i wanted to purchase and pay for that moment. i called him after the show as he asked me to do, then told me he was too busy to look for the snakes "that he posted for sale"......i was told to wait until he showed up at the columbus ohio show to see what he had available. it is only a 2 hour drive to columbus, just to see if he has the animals i am trying to purchase.
i would compare this to a store advertising a sale/item with a limited quantity available at a specific price.....and the day they advertise, they close their store for a week or two. when you get in touch with them their response is.....i do not have time ......check later (by driving 2 hours) and then i may or may not have what you want.
Can any of Franks "defense" explain this in a manner that makes sense????? Why advertise something that you do not have time to sell???
Thanks to "Frank and friends/followers" in advance for enlightening me on this situation, please type slowly, i am not the brightest bulb in the basement.
mike
Hmmm... maybe he was busy? I don't imagine most reptile breeders are "store fronts" so it's not exactly a good analogy. You did get a snake from him, yes? So obviously he had something you wanted, and I'm assuming you looked elsewhere in the meantime during your wait? So it's not like you were horribly put out, from what I can see. Sounds to me like you just wanted to chime in because he wasn't kowtowing to you as soon as his phone rang. I'm sure he had other customers and worries at the time, don't you think?

If you want to use the store front analogy, if you walk into say... Best Buy? Is every employee supposed to rush the door, and follow you around at your beck-and-call til the moment you walk out? Are they supposed ignore the other customer that was getting their question answered before you walked in? Is the stock boy in the back supposed to stop unloading that truck and come run up front to wait on you hand and foot? Because using YOUR analogy, that's kinda what I'd see. Running his own business he's doing all that at once, and you're not the only person in the store. Kinda get my drift a little? Maybe?

Old 11-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #49
whimpyguns
sorry richard, i do not get your drift....HE advertised the animals, maybe i did not explain clearly enough that i called him days apart....after he returned home from the show, in the middle of the week....this was my second call to attempt to purchase the animals. he still had no time to address the snakes he advertised.....what is reasonable???? should i have waited weeks or months? i was not impatient, i did not call him the same day or anything like that. i was only seeking ball pythons.....not something that was available only from him.

as for the lame best buy analogy....i was quite patient, waiting several days, i did not expect any "special service" as you imply........

Nice try but you have failed......anyone else care to help me with this?????/
mike

Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #50
TattooLost
I'm sorry, but the way you're carrying on about him being "arrogant" it sounds to me like you DID expect special service. As I said, I'm sure he had more on his plate than just you. Just because you advertise an animal, doesn't mean you're waiting by the phone for someone to call and buy it. Some people bump up their ads to keep their names in people's minds as well. And it sounds like he intended to sell the snake, so I see no false advertising. Did his ad sale "READY TO SHIP, CALL NOW!"?

Also, were you not planning to go to the Columbus show? Did he tell you that was the only way you'd be able to purchase a snake from him? It sounds like you were already planning to attend, and he in fact saved you some shipping costs? Doesn't sound like a bad guy to me.

For the record, calling my best buy analogy lame? Maybe you're right... maybe you AREN'T the brightest bulb in the basement.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!