Does backyard herping count? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #11
shinezilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Shine - what did you find, lucky girl?
Well, I found a toad in the window well... But there were some escapee snakes because I wasn't use to the new rack and then the day following that one of the dragons jumped out of her cage...

They've all been recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
And uh ... where did my photo go?
Time to go herping for your photos now

Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #12
Herp.Herp.Hooray
Def. counts

Old 06-01-2010, 11:35 PM   #13
LauraB
Quote:
Well, I found a toad in the window well... But there were some escapee snakes because I wasn't use to the new rack and then the day following that one of the dragons jumped out of her cage...
Wow! Lots of herp-happenings at one time at the Shine household! I'm glad all were recovered in good shape

Around here all the toads, chorus frogs and tree frogs are out and about. It's been happily noisy at night for the past few. Scattered thunderstorms with a 100% chance of frog activity. lol

I backed my car over a baby ringneck snake on the driveway last week - it's long, slopes downward and is somewhat shaded by trees on both sides. I just didn't see it basking on the concrete, although I know the 'hood snakes do that often and unfortunately it's like the second time in the last 3 years I've accidently done that. I hate it.

As for herping for my photo ... looks like "Logician" took care of it, when "Logician" edited my post - suffice it to say it was an awesome, very healthy, almost 5 ft gorgeous specimen.
And returned to the wild, as it should be

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!