Bad Guy CWB741, Christopher Bell - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #11
HadesBP18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmalone View Post
I appreciate your response. Yes, I have copies of all the emails. The snakes are still alive, I hope I can save them. I can provide photos.
Temps were in the upper 30's and the seller was advised. The heat packs used were simply not adequate. Should I need to suggest an insulated box when the weather is cool?
The real issue is the condition of the snakes. I had wanted them shipped a week earlier when temps were warmer, but was told he wanted to wait to be sure their last meal was completely digested. I have been working with snakes over 40 years, these snakes have not eaten (or kept a meal down) for a long time.
The no response to my emails and requests for help really bothers me.
Glad that the snakes have made it through so far. What I meant in my post is that if you run in to the problem in the future, don't let a shipper pressure you into shipping if you know for a fact the weather will be less than ideal. Frankly if you ever feel pressured in that situation it should raise some red flags.

Did you pay via Paypal? Any possible way to dispute?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
drmalone
Yes, I paid via Paypal, but did him a favor and paid as a "friend"
That does not allow a dispute. I do appreciate the concern. My hope is the animals survive. Not for anything else but for their well being. I think they have been through enough. Thank you.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
LauraB
Dan, has he sent you a private message here at Fauna? The reason I ask is below; I was checking out his profile early this morning and noticed he was online, private messaging someone. Wanted to provide proof that the guy was, in fact, here.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #14
chris1968
Shipping in an non insulated box violates Fedex's TOS for shipping reptiles, if he indeed shipped them thru Reptile Express, Ship your Reptiles, or if he is himself an authorized shipper (I'm assuming it's Fedex).

Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
drmalone
I haven't heard from him since he sent a tracking number. I have emailed him several times with no reply. The snakes were shipped via ship your reptiles.
I really appreciate the concern. In my second email I simply asked for an honest answer as to the health and feeding of the animals so I could better care and treat them. Again, no reply.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
drmalone
[QUOTE
OTE]Christopher,
I would appreciate some honest answers about their health/feeding so I can better care for them and start treatment.
When did they feed last? Have they refused food?
Have they had any issues with regurgitation? Have their stools appeared firm or very soft/liquid?
Any additional information would be helpful.
Dan

Old 10-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
LauraB
Since we know he was here this morning private messaging someone (and evidently it was not you, Dan), try sending him a PM thru Fauna.

Also do you have any other info to help ID him; email address, home address, phone number, etc. If he is, in fact, in minor, a call to his parents might be in order.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #18
drmalone
Laura,
I do have a home address, but not a phone #.
202 Lippitt st apt 2 Providence Ri 02906.
I doubt he is a minor, I would hate to think a 60 year old guy was taken advantage of by a kid.
Again, I appreciate your concern.
Dan.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
LauraB
How about an email address? Where was his ad? I do see he's had a few ads here, and one "good guy" post.

However, I also found evidence that at least one photo he used in an ad wasn't exactly his:

Christopher Bell, you might want to address your customer's legitimate concerns and questions. Those snakes deserved much better; your customer deserves better.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
LauraB
Sent you a PM, Dan.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!