Bad Guy Michael Gugliotta (REPTILEMANIA@aol.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
acutirostris1313
Michael Gugliotta (REPTILEMANIA@aol.com)

It has been a month since Michael (REPTILEMANIA) has had me in this mess. I paid for a group of Stripeneck Musks and he has not sent anything to me.

Check Arrived with Michael (Sept 11, 2009), he email me and confirmed this date
Todays Date (October 19,2009)

Since Sept 11, Michael has only told me "...he will take care of me soon..." I have been very patient. He replys to my emails every 2 weeks with only one line messages.

Michael says he will not refund my money.

His contact information (below):
Michael Gugliotta
3501 ave b
Birmingham Alabama 35218
PHONE (205)276-6987
email: REPTILEMANIA@aol.com

Mark J Berry
Parkeri1313@aol.com

Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
Willow
More information would help....emails of the deal that was made and any follow ups

Hope it works out for you and you get what you paid for....have you told Michael you posted here?

Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
DAND
From his Classified 9/24/09:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=REPTILEMANIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPTILEMANIA View Post
One he told me he would confirm when he sent the money order which he did not!! When I received the money order I was out of town, when I arrived back in town I had the flu, And I told him in a email,That I would try to ship as soon as I could hold my head up.Since THE FIRST EMAIL MONTHS AGO HE HAS BEEN VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH. I GAVE HIM A DEAL FOR 2.3 WITH SHIPPING. I am shipping his order next week and then I will be done with this aggravation!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
critical bill
Alternate email: ALATURTLES@AOL.COM

Old 10-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Seems he didn't ship the order "next week" after all ...

Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
Seems he didn't ship the order "next week" after all ...
Or the next, or the next and working on the next too. Guess someone's word isn't worth too much. (need a thumbs down smilie)

Old 10-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutirostris1313 View Post
It has been a month since Michael (REPTILEMANIA) has had me in this mess.
To be perfectly honest with you Mark, I don't think you can really appreciate the sort of mess you could actually be in.

Those turtles are native to Alabama. While they are not protected animals or a species of concern, he cannot legally sell them to you without having a state issued commercial non-game permit and dealers license. The reason I mention "commercial" is because he has up to 35 of these nice little native creatures available for sale.

So, you cannot legally purchase them. To do so can put you in about as much trouble as he is eventually going to find himself in.

You seem to be a turtle lover and so am I. They are my favorite animals. If you really really have a passion for turtles you need to start doing some research before making your purchases. You will not only avoid getting yourself into a mess but you'll also be helping native wildlife from declining.

Maybe you should ask the guy for a refund?

Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
RJP Reptiles
Thumbs up

Good post, Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
To be perfectly honest with you Mark, I don't think you can really appreciate the sort of mess you could actually be in.

Those turtles are native to Alabama. While they are not protected animals or a species of concern, he cannot legally sell them to you without having a state issued commercial non-game permit and dealers license. The reason I mention "commercial" is because he has up to 35 of these nice little native creatures available for sale.

So, you cannot legally purchase them. To do so can put you in about as much trouble as he is eventually going to find himself in.

You seem to be a turtle lover and so am I. They are my favorite animals. If you really really have a passion for turtles you need to start doing some research before making your purchases. You will not only avoid getting yourself into a mess but you'll also be helping native wildlife from declining.

Maybe you should ask the guy for a refund?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
acutirostris1313
Critical Bill,

I did ask Michael for a refund and said no pretty quick. I see this as you live and learn. I was pretty upset initially but I have a lot on my plate right (wife, work, school, my other turtles, dogs, LSU football, etc) and have calmed down. Their isn't anything I can do at this point really except get my story herd.

Legal issues regarding Stripeneck Musks are not really enforceable here in Texas since they don't occure here naturally. Any national laws regarding these turtles I am not aware of. I have bought Stripenecks before and have never had any trouble in the past. I didn't want to be an accomplace to any "illegal wild-catching" of these turtles. I didn't know where Michael was from when I was early on in the mess.

I'll be financially ready to get a few more turtles as early as January. When the time comes, I'll stick with reputable people I have actually herd of and bought from before.

It still hurts to be out thoes hundreds of dollars. I am living proof to anyone out there looking at a so called good deal on a few turtles, beware the crooks are awfully smart.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
REPTILEMANIA
Shipped his turtles today 4/5/2011 ups J2299279262 with the promiss of a adult pair later in the suasion.

THANKS

Michael J Gugliotta

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!