Ship Your Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Daidra
Ship Your Reptiles

Hi Everyone,

I am currently shipping with Fedex and as soon as I take the package to be shipped I get hit with a higher bill then what was quoted on there online system so my question is I just made an account with SYR does that mean I can ship through them still having a Fedex account and get shipping cheaper now and just drop the package(s) at the fedex location and my package would still get to it's destinantion safe?Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Daidra
www.leopardgeckolair.com
dmsalyers@gmail.com

Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
hhmoore
If you are getting hit with a higher bill, double check how you are inputting the information...
For example, are you getting a quick quote, or a detailed quote? Are the box measurements you are entering correct? (even a slight overage is rounded up, so a 12x8x6 box may come up as a 13x9x7).
The weight you use may not matter, as dimensional weight is usually the default...unless you go over that. When you are checking online, are you checking the residential delivery box, and signature box (if you are requiring a signature)? There is an addition fee for both of those things....and it doesn't matter if a person is running a home business - a home is a residential delivery.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Daidra
I am doing all the right things like the detailed quote and the right deminsions it is just always more,I just want to know if I have and account now with SYR then can I ship through them to save my customers money on shipping.Thanks.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
KelliH
Yes, everything is the same (input the shipping info, print the shipping label, drop package off at Fed Ex) except that you are shipping using SYR's account, not your account.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Daidra
Great Thanks Kelli for all your help.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
KelliH
No problem. It's not as large a savings as before when they were set up though UPS; but even a few dollars per shipment does add up! :-)

Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Daidra
yeah a few bucks still helps,lol

Old 03-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Contact your rep with your concerns about the bill difference. Your discount might be miss-applied some how.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!