Anyone wanna compare fedex shipping prices? Did I get played? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
AbsoluteApril
Shipping is getting so expensive! The last few times I shipped from CA across the country it averages $60-75. The larger the box the higher the price, I'm setting up shipping now for a large box (30x16x10) coming to me from FL and the rates I'm seeing are $150-180 ouch! (Luckily it's worth it).

It appears the days of offering a flat $40-50 shipping rate are gone unless you have very high volume.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
garweft
Anymore when it comes to shipping overnight we're more and more like kermit in your avatar..... lol

Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
FosterHerpetological
I agree the shipping prices are way high, but I would rather ship with high prices then not ship at all. Honestly, I think in the future, everyone that deals with the animal hobby as a whole, we will all just ship delta. Beginning to be the same prices, and much safer. Just my opinion.
Stephen

Old 02-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Shipping is getting so expensive! The last few times I shipped from CA across the country it averages $60-75. The larger the box the higher the price, I'm setting up shipping now for a large box (30x16x10) coming to me from FL and the rates I'm seeing are $150-180 ouch! (Luckily it's worth it).

It appears the days of offering a flat $40-50 shipping rate are gone unless you have very high volume.
April,
With that box size, what about Delta Dash? The box I shipped this past summer was at least that size, and went the same distance (here to Oregon...might have used an airport in WA, don't recall - but that was more a convenience issue, related to flight frequency), and it was just under $120. That box was about 60lbs. (I don't even want to talk about what the FedEx rate would have been, lol)

Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #15
hhmoore
Delta is the old way....cargo is actually pretty reasonable, but there is the risk of your package getting bumped - there is no guaranteed flight unless you jump to Dash. The problem is that it's like pulling teeth to get people to go to the airport for pickup. Unless someone is within a 15-20 minute drive, it's too much trouble.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
April,
With that box size, what about Delta Dash?
hmm, I'll ask if my buddy is certified to ship Delta, he's already doing me a favor shipping out snakes to me for someone that isn't comfortable shipping, so I don't want to make it too much of a hassle for him...
but that is a great idea, thanks!

Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #17
Focal
Thanks everyone!! My faith has been restored with fedex, lol. This invoice was from Nov 2010 so I'm sure the price went up some since.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
g.spencer
You don't have to be certified by Delta any longer according to them. And if I was quoted between $150-$180 I would definitely go thru Delta instead. It would be cheaper and safer.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #19
GreenCountryHerp
Yea, Fedex is getting to the point it is as expensive a Delta dash. I have heard rumors circulating that UPS is in the process of letting people ship snakes again and without having to have a waiver. Is this true?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!