UPS Orlando Airport hub just cost me thousands!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
SixGunIggyLeur
UPS Orlando Airport hub just cost me thousands!!!

I drove about 15 boxes out to the UPS Orlando Int'l airport hub to drop off a truck load of large orders all ranging in about $500 - $3k each in value. I dropped them off at 7:48 p.m. March 17th,2011 and stayed there for 15 minutes. One of the employees came over and even helped me unload the boxes from the cart onto the loading table. UPS calls me this morning and tell me that no one was seen dropping them off, and no one told them the boxes needed to be delivered (I was there while one of the employees took a part of a label from one of the boxes that were on the table to be shipped and went into the managers office!). They constituted a security threat and opened all of my boxes. I had to call my customers to inform them of the situation, and that I will have to reship them Monday morning. A few of my customers decided it was too much hassle and that they needed the orders before next week and backed out of the transaction, in turn I ended up losing out on 8k this week in sales. I suggest not using that hub unless you have no other choice.

Terry Lee Wise Jr.,
World Wide Herps, LLC.
Reptile breeder/wholesaler.
Deltona, Fl.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
redhood23
WOW. That is horrible.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
hhmoore
Hmmmm - even if the employee went off duty, so "nobody saw them being dropped off", one would think that the labels would be significant enough indication that they needed to be delivered (even if they weren't specifically TOLD). As far as what REALLY happened, you may never know...and pursuing it may not be in your best interest if you were shipping anything not accepted under their TOS (ie snakes, spiders, scorpions). Sucks that they dropped the ball; but if everything was there, and alive, when you went to collect them, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!