Shipping Idea? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
the gecko geek
Shipping Idea?

Okay, so here's the deal. I'm pretty new to this and I keep hearing about the problems that people are having with UPS and FedEx as far as shipping goes. So me being me, I got to thinking...

The only solution that I could come up with is this:

Why don't we, as a group, and I mean all people involved with the shipping and receiving of reptiles of all sorts and sizes, get together, and create OUR OWN shipping company? Yes, I know that would mean hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars, but if we don't create our own then we are going to keep having these same problems and sooner or later they might decide to just stop shipping reptiles all together. Then where will we be? Not only would the large scale breeders have no way to ship their reptiles, but they would have massive amounts of these reptiles just sitting around in their racks.

Just think of how much better things would be if we had a shipping company dedicated solely to shipping reptiles. No one would have to worry about the company opening packages ad delaying them. Everyone working for the company would be reptile enthusiasts, so they would actually handle packages with care, everything that would be so stressful about shipping, minus the weather conditions, would virtually vanish.

So, that's just my thoughts and ideas about this shipping dilemma. I would really like to see something like this happen. It would be a GREAT asset to the reptile industry, and would make this whole business run a lot more smoothly.
I would love to create this company, but unfortunately I have no where near the amount of funds to even buy the fuel to fill up a plane for a one way trip for shipping.

If there's anyone else out there that agrees with this, lets make it happen!
Alone we can do nothing, but together as a group, we are strong. How many thousands of people out there ship reptiles? And how many go out and ship daily? There's quite a few.

Who knows, what if us just talking about creating our own shipping company scares UPS and FedEx into just accepting our business no matter what in fear that they will lose a lot of business from us, because we do give them quite a bit of business.

Just thought I'd throw my opinion out there and anyone out there that wants to make this happen let me know! Lets plan this out and get our OWN shipping company startedl

And if this doesn't belong in this forum, feel free to move it where it needs to be.

Thanks for reading.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
NocturnalNature
It will never happen. Too many logistics and too specialized a field to be viable on anything other than the smallest of scale.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
GreenCountryHerp
I agree Jackie, the price to do that would be astronomical. Just having a couple of airplanes to maintain and keep in the air would be extremely pricey.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
fuzzylogix
yeah, you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars, possibly into the billions to get started. and then you are only handling a specific market. would not be profitable at all

Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #5
scarnicom
Hey it's a great dream! And would be an awesome thing to see!!!

Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #6
the gecko geek
I think that if everyone in the reptile business donated $10 to the cause we could get it started. I mean, how many members does fauna have? in the thousands at least. That's just this site. There are plenty of other sites like this one with just as many members..I think it's very possible. The only problem with it is the money factor and getting started..but isn't that something that every person trying to start any business comes across?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 AM   #7
fuzzylogix
to do something on that large scale would take investors. smart investors though will weigh the risks and rewards before parting with a single penny of their money, and they would see that this woudln't be profitable. it's a lot more complicated than having everyone on fauna donate 10 bucks. you do know you're talking about needing hundreds of airplanes, trucks, and personnel...

i'm not saying that it wouldn't be great to see, but i honestly just don't think it's feasible

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!